Thunderbird S/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thunderbird S/C

Hey guys I have ques. my little bro has a 93' thundercrap s/c the motor is toast,but the body and interior is awesome with less than 60,000 miles on the clock.I tell him put a v8 in that biznatch! so I was wondering if any one knows of any places that make and sell a kit for that application?oh and a manual transmission I know it will cost money and he doesn't have very much yet but i need to dangle the carrot in front of his face ya know. So any info would be super sweet along with suggestions and or experiances etc.. Thanks guys

Isn't basically like swapping a v8 into a mustang only wider parts.

Comment

Yeah I'm sure, i kinda figured that. I guess I was looking more for some tech and advise,but I guess I posted it in the wrong spot for that sorry guys.

Comment

I will move it for you

Comment

Found this for ya. Sounds about right to me.
          http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3201257AALOV2D
          Cool idea though. Not a detailed list, but it should give you an idea...
          Last edited by Old School; 03-09-2008, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Ask the people on TCCOA.com

Comment

what size motor is in there now????

Comment

Think they came with 3.8's right...

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                  what size motor is in there now????
                  S/C 3.8

Comment

Thank you guys thats a lot of info.My little bro saw that and is now getting the bug and really thinking about what engine he wants to put in. I will help him for sure sounds like kind of a big job but worth it,it will be fun! I'll try to keep you guys posted on it.

Comment

tell him to get pics up as he builds it, I love mn12's (after having owned 2 in the last 2 years)

Comment

Originally posted by redline View Post
                        Hey guys I have ques. my little bro has a 93' thundercrap s/c the motor is toast,but the body and interior is awesome with less than 60,000 miles on the clock.I tell him put a v8 in that biznatch! so I was wondering if any one knows of any places that make and sell a kit for that application?oh and a manual transmission I know it will cost money and he doesn't have very much yet but i need to dangle the carrot in front of his face ya know. So any info would be super sweet along with suggestions and or experiances etc.. Thanks guys
                        If he wants a manual trans get a m5r2 trans out of a supercoupe and pedal assembly. 5.0 and 351 will bolt right up. You could swap in a modular engine if you wanted to deal with all the wiring and stuff and if you wanted to keep it manual with that you would have to find a case out of a 97 or newer f150 with a stick and put the super coupe trans guts in it and the tail. Let me know if you have any questions how much does he want for the blown motor with everything?

Comment

ya, if the car is already a manual tranny car, then i'd stick with that trans. if an auto I'd probably just throw an aod in there. I loved my 5.0 bird back when I had it. It had too many miles and was slow because of it, but it was a great car that I wish I still had.

Comment

Originally posted by skidoomxz View Post
                            If he wants a manual trans get a m5r2 trans out of a supercoupe and pedal assembly. 5.0 and 351 will bolt right up. You could swap in a modular engine if you wanted to deal with all the wiring and stuff and if you wanted to keep it manual with that you would have to find a case out of a 97 or newer f150 with a stick and put the super coupe trans guts in it and the tail. Let me know if you have any questions how much does he want for the blown motor with everything?
                            Thanks for the info I think he wants to part out the engine not sure though Ill talk with him later and find out. I was thinkin bout getting him a mod motor and trans but some thing about 5.0 or 5.8 just sounds so much cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by 93NotchLX View Post
                              tell him to get pics up as he builds it, I love mn12's (after having owned 2 in the last 2 years)
                              Yeah I'll see the car next weekend and I'll try to remember my camera. also it is an automatic but we are going to put in a man. he wants a 6 speed but i think a 5 will do for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X