It's only too bad it's not being extended by an 1/8 mile:):cool:
      +1 on that note...

Comment

They need to put the stands closer to the action

Comment

Originally posted by Duece Bignlow View Post
          Agreed....

Maybe they just forgot to add it to the list..
          If they did I might go back there one day

Comment

Would be nice I heard that they wouldn't have the shutdown room for it though. Or something like that.

Comment

HHmmm...

Might have to hit it up one night.

Comment

I don't think they can the way the track is laid out at least that's what I was told when I worked there years ago.
                Wow Memorial day that's a late start hope the new stuff hooks better that what Ted Smith put down years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                  Would be nice I heard that they wouldn't have the shutdown room for it though. Or something like that.
                  I think its due to farmers not wanting to sell land and/or the train tracks might cut it very close?

Comment

Pool Boy- Three reasons it can't become a 1/4 mile track- the swamp, the railroad, and the township gravel road at the end of the track. No way the DNR would let them mess with the swamp, and the other two are obvious.

I personally like the 1/8 mile. Closer and more competitive racing IF you are actually going to bracket race, be in the points, and try to win round money. 1/8 mile tracks are WAY easier on parts and the checkbook if you're racing every weekend.

If you're only going to get a fast number to brag for your buddies then by all means a 1/4 mile track would be ideal. Disclaimer- I do like racing 1/4 mile tracks too!!!

I'm glad to see Rick doing this. It needed some improvements. Last year there was NO hook, and the shutdown was too damn rough to be truly safe.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket View Post
                      Pool Boy- Three reasons it can't become a 1/4 mile track- the swamp, the railroad, and the township gravel road at the end of the track. No way the DNR would let them mess with the swamp, and the other two are obvious.

I personally like the 1/8 mile. Closer and more competitive racing IF you are actually going to bracket race, be in the points, and try to win round money. 1/8 mile tracks are WAY easier on parts and the checkbook if you're racing every weekend.

If you're only going to get a fast number to brag for your buddies then by all means a 1/4 mile track would be ideal. Disclaimer- I do like racing 1/4 mile tracks too!!!

I'm glad to see Rick doing this. It needed some improvements. Last year there was NO hook, and the shutdown was too damn rough to be truly safe.

Matt
                      And the year before.

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                        And the year before.
                        It's been getting progressively worse for the last three years.... Hoping this will fix the problem, unless Rick runs out of cash for a couple drums of VHT....

Comment

True traction has been an issue there for the past couple years

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rocket View Post

If you're only going to get a fast number to brag for your buddies then by all means a 1/4 mile track would be ideal. Matt

Hey thats ME!!

Yea I hear what your saying easy on the pocket book, to each his own.

I am still butt hurt that time we went and the timer didn't work!! I ...ah wait..Fastkeen did allot of work on my car to get it there that morning. to hang out in the sun all day..

Comment

Personally I think grove is a little high priced, especially for TNT, if I remember right rock falls TNT is cheaper

Comment

Working...
                              X