• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Impala

This is interestihg

and it looks like you will be able to get a 7.0 liter Woo Hoo

Looks like a 300C to me. YUK!

Comment

Is this the RWD I've read about that's based on the long-wheelbase, Zeta chassis (unlike the G8 & Camaro, which are based on the short-wheelbase Zeta chassis)? If so, I read a while back that GM was only releasing it to law enforcement agencies. Did they decide to allow us mere mortals to buy them?

I agree with Bob - it looks too much like a 300. Plus, I'm not fond of the 'fat nose' or 'bulbous nose' look, in general. Would rather see something with a more svelte look up front.
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

That looks like a photoshop version. Here is the real production version of the new Caprice:

Comment

That looks a lot better

Comment

That's more like what I've read about on GM Insider. It's based on the long-wheelbase Zeta chassis, and was designed from the ground-up to be a police car. From what I've read, GM currently has no plans to build a civilian version. Damn....

The electrical system includes two batteries, and it's designed for the added load of law-enforcement equipment. The are seats specifically designed designed for long-term comfort and police use. There are indentations for their belt-worn gear. The dash is designed to accept a radio stack without interfering with the pass airbag. The factory radio can be relocated to the trunk to accommodate a dash-mounted touch-screen. The computer, engine & 6-speed automatic have been tweaked for high-speed pursuit, and the brakes have been upgraded. Looks like a new era of purpose-built police cars, rather than simply installing what we used to call the 'towing package' - or doing nothing at all - as was the case for the FWD Impala police car (according to my police sources, their FWD Impala is no different than the civilian version).

Detailed info here: http://www.chevroletcapriceppv.com
            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
            X