No announcement yet.

New Camaro problems and................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camaro problems and................

I read this on another site kinda interesting:

001. Loose Bolts that hold fluid back causing leaks (ex: on oil pan, tranny fluid)
    002. Trunk Locking mechanism (issues with opening w/o adding down pressure to top of trunk first and/or emergency release appears to be loose keeping the trunk from locking properly)
    003. Loose plastic paneling around the 4-gauges cluster, launch control, cigarette power plug as well as Left and Right A-Pillars Trim Loose, sill trim loose, and dash pannel where doors and dash meet popping open.
    004. Loose Spoiler/installed correctly (Re-torque Spoiler bolts)
    005. Wiper transmission cable overheating from engine causing a short circuit.
    006. Matching Headlight Halos strength. (one defective being dimmer then the other).
    007. Mismatched paint on parts of the vehicle (including gas door). As well as paint runs or clear coat runs. Paint Chips.
    008. Loose Rocker Panel "Chevrolet" causing it to peel off.
    009. Minor Problem With Window Indexing.
    010. Ambient Lighting on doors defective.
    011. Bad radiator (leaks).
    012. Hood release/latch issues (won't unhook to open the hood).
    013. Gap at base of ONStar Antenna.
    014. Battery cable routing near the starter has been done.
    015. Digital Speedometer is off. Also keeps going on and off.
    016. Bottom pulley shakes and needs replacement per dealer.
    017. Broken tranny.
    018. Ignition Mechanism Issue with key getting stuck in car.
    019. Non RS taillights installed on RS equipped cars (all 4 of them).
    020. Rocker Panel aligned with body and clipped in correctly.
    021. Bumper rubs with body
    022. Trunk opens with switch and remote
    023. Correct speedo/tach gauge ring color
    023. Ambient lighting on drivers door as bright as passenger door
    024. Doors gaps /alignment
    025. Dirt/bubbles in rally stripes
    026. Door panel not scratched from seat belt.
    027. Shift knobs wearing out extremely fast could be faulty material
    028. AC system stops blowing cold air in random durations, most likely blockage in AC drainage and/or AC draining into the car instead of beneath it
    029. Clunking noise in changing gears
    030. Trunk opens with remote and laser cut key
    031. USB drive and aux port works
    032. Squeaky Breaks
    033. GFX installed correctly
    034. Rims and tires in good condition (coming off carrier in bad condition/damaged)
    035. Check for damage in the interior, basic procedure
    036. Check the locking mechanism of both doors
    037. Scraping sound for a second when backing up
    038. SS emblem on trunk is loose
    039. Loose interior windshield trim loose
    040. The front GFX lip is not coming loose at the double sided tape
    041. The front passenger brake rotors are not wearing with a dark colored groove
    042. Hood latch handle on inside of cab doesn't retract properly (just hangs)
    043. Scratches in seats
    044. Oil cooler leaking
    045. Once in every 10-15 times I unlock the car, the drivers side door is still locked, while
    the locking knob on the door is in the "up" position
    046. Faulty as gauge (improper readings)
    047. Missing paint around the headlights
    048. Bleed screw on clutch slave cylinder loose
    049. Stickers on rockers peelin
    050. Scratches on window pillars
    051. Misaligned body & door panels as well as hood not centered properly (more to one side then the other)
    052. Alignment of doors to dash interior the door interior seems to sag below the dash interior
    053. Drivers side roof light( the one with the toggle switch) only works when its toggled over to the passenger side
    054. Door sill decals peeling up
    055. Paint swirls in driver/passenger door
    056. Drive-shaft connection to the differential cracking when dropping the clutch
    057. Tach Needle Sticking
    058. Wiper motor wiring comes through bottom of the cowling-well in front of the driver. (The fix (decided upon between the dealer and myself) was to re-insulate the wires, cover the harness with a hard, slick plastic covering, drill a small hole in the bottom of the cowling-well (fill the hole with silicone) and use a cable tie down like the rest of the wiper harness uses to secure the harness to the floor of the cowling (the grommet will collapse downward with little force), far away from harm from the wiper arms.)
    059. engine makes continuous clicking noise, starting roughly 5 seconds after engine starts
    060. Door Sill plates wrinkled on outside edges (both sides)
    061. Trunk gasket at bottom of rear window coming off
    062. Uneven Dash (driver's side dash is lower then passenger's side)
    063. Passenger/Driver's side Fender alignment off. (wheel cover well had to come off, then loosen fender bolt, and it pops right in place)
    064. Key won't stay in folded position
    065. Faulty Tail lights.
    066. Weather stripping at back of rear windows loose (I can literally grab and peel it back).
    067. Missing or peeling paint between trunk lid and spoiler (right rear section)-could possibly spread over time down the trunk lid.
    068. Driver's seat makes clicking noises when set all the way back.

Now in all fairness lets look at the mustang

Ford Mustang Recalls
    Recall ID # 09E012000 - EXTERIOR LIGHTING
    Recall Date: APR 07, 2009
    Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING
    Model Affected: MUSTANG
    Units Affected: 16270 Recall Details
    Recall Date:
    APR 07, 2009
    Model Affected:
    2007 FORD MUSTANG

Summary:
    SABERSPORT IS RECALLING 16,270 COMBINATION CORNER AND BUMPER LAMP ASSEMBLIES OF VARIOUS PART NUMBERS SOLD FOR USE AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR VARIOUS PASSENGER VEHICLES. THESE HEADLAMPS FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, "LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT." THESE LAMPS DO NOT CONTAIN THE REQUIRED AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS.
    Consequence:
    DECREASED LIGHTING VISIBILITY MAY RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Remedy:
    SABERSPORT WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER A FULL REFUND FOR THE NONCOMPLIANT COMBINATION LAMPS. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON MAY 11, 2009.
    Units Affected:

Notes:
    SABERSPORT
    Recall ID # 09E025000 - EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS
    Recall Date: MAY 11, 2009
    Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING:HEADLIGHTS
    Units Affected: 42540 Recall Details
    Recall Date:
    MAY 11, 2009
    Model Affected:
    2007 FORD MUSTANG

Summary:
    FORD IS RECALLING 42,540 COMBINATION CORNER AND BUMPER LAMP ASSEMBLIES OF VARIOUS PART NUMBERS SOLD FOR USE AS AFTERMARKET EQUIPMENT FOR VARIOUS PASSENGER VEHICLES. THESE HEADLAMPS FAIL TO CONFORM TO THE REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 108, "LAMPS, REFLECTIVE DEVICES, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT." THESE LAMPS DO NOT CONTAIN THE REQUIRED AMBER SIDE REFLECTORS.
    Consequence:
    DECREASED LIGHTING VISIBILITY MAY RESULT IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Remedy:
    FORD WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER A FULL REFUND FOR THE NONCOMPLIANT COMBINATION LAMPS. THE SAFETY RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MAY/JUNE 2009.
    Units Affected:

Recall ID # 08V082000 - AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
    Recall Date: FEB 25, 2008
    Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL
    Units Affected: 434593 Recall Details
    Recall Date:
    FEB 25, 2008
    Model Affected:
    2007 FORD MUSTANG

Summary:
    FORD IS RECALLING 434,593 MY 2008 MUSTANG VEHICLES FOR FAILING TO COMPLY WITH ONE OF THE NECK INJURY REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 208, "OCCUPANT CRASH PROTECTION," FOR AN UNBELTED 5TH PERCENTILE FEMALE SITTING IN THE PASSENGER SEAT WHILE IT IS IN THE FULL FORWARD POSITION.

Consequence:
    DURING AN AIR BAG DEPLOYMENT, IF A SMALL FEMALE IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT IS NOT WEARING THE SAFETY BELT, AND HAS THE SEAT IN THE FULL FORWARD POSITION, THERE MAY BE AN INCREASED POTENTIAL FOR A NECK INJURY.

Remedy:
    DEALERS WILL REPROGRAM THE RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MARCH 3, 2008.
    Units Affected:

Notes:
    FORD MOTOR COMPANY 08C02
    Recall ID # 06E089000 - SUSPENSION:FRONT
    Recall Date: OCT 27, 2006
    Component: SUSPENSION:FRONT
    Units Affected: 400 Recall Details
    Recall Date:
    OCT 27, 2006
    Model Affected:
    2007 FORD MUSTANG

Summary:
    CERTAIN AFTERMARKET EIBACH BRANDED FRONT STRUTS ONLY, PART NO. 35101.8001, AND EIBACH BRANDED FRONT STRUTS AS SUSPENSION KITS, PART NOS. 35101.840, 35101.680, 35101.780, 35100.680, 35100.780, 4.10135.680, AND 4.10035.780, SOLD FOR USE ON 2005 THROUGH 2007 FORD MUSTANG VEHICLES. THE FRONT ANTI ROLL BAR ATTACHMENT BRACKET ON THE FRONT STRUT CAN SEPARATE FROM THE STRUT HOUSING DUE TO INCONSISTENT WELDING. THIS COULD RESULT IN A CLUNKING NOISE AND OR POOR HANDLING IN EXTREME OR EMERGENCY MANEUVERS.
    Consequence:
    IF THE BROKEN BRACKET CONTACTS THE TIRE, SIDEWALL DAMAGE CAN OCCUR, POSSIBLY RESULTING IN A VEHICLE CRASH.

Remedy:
    EIBACH WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND OFFER TO PROVIDE NEW STRUTS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON DECEMBER 1, 2006.
    Units Affected:

Here is a good one from a Mustang owner:
    Re: 2005 Mustang GT Electrical Problems

Thanks, the dealer called me and advised the problem is with one of the many junction boxes (Fuse Box) that receives the signal from the key fob. The junction box controls door locks, windows, convertible tops. Some mustangs have different features on the fobs. On mine if I push the unlock button the drivers door unlocks and the interior light turns on. when I push it a second time it unlocks the passenger door. Some mustangs when the unlock is pushed twice the windows roll down or the top folds down. But they all have the same junction box if they were build before January of 05, which mine was. That is when ford changed the box. Not because their was a problem with the box, but enough concern by ford engineers that they decided to change it. Well this is food for thought for anyone else who has this problem. I filed a claim with my insurance company do to all of the water which is causing all of the other problems. I haven't heard back from the claims office, but the dealer has all but assured me, due to the amount of water damage to some of the other electrical components the car will be totaled. I am absolutely sick over this.

And this:

Replacement of serpentine belt pulley with bad bearing Both rear quarter windows have seals that are torn near the top (car is a convertible). Mustang emblem on steering wheel is corroded. Serpentine belt idler pulley replaced Air bag assembly replaced to fix corroded steering wheel emblem.
    Jun 2009 21000 0 Both windows replaced and aligned as per TSB 8-17-3 Engine makes a ticking noise, at all temperatures, loudest at 1200 RPM. Engine knock occurring during light-load upshifts at 3000-4000RPM, also intermittently under load at 5000RPM and above. Left front O2 sensor was found to have a slow response and was replaced under warranty. Second, more detailed examination of engine ticking noise at 1200RPM. Noise found to be loudest at intake runner for cyl. #4. Other likely sources eliminated. (Bellhousing, injectors, cam covers, etc.) Was told noise is "normal". Cloth convertible top shows wear near Bow 1 on passenger side. Referred service adviser to TSB 07-19-1. Was told damage was not consistent with TSB.

More:

2006 Mustang
    water leakage resulted in electrical short to headlight. Headlight stayed on. Fixed under warranty
    Nov 2008 Short in lighting right front and right rear running light on after car turned off. Water entering electrical panel. New panel ordered and leak to be found at next visit.
    Feb 2009 Junction box replaced, and leak on A pillar sealed with caulking sealant.

And:

2006 Mustang
    Took delivery of vehicle.
    May 2006 5286 0 Fuel filler neck backs up during fueling. Design problem with filler neck. No repair solution. Fueling slower, with nozzle on the first detent, seems to solve the problem. Engine floods and runs rough when started in very cold weather (below zero). Warranty recalibrate of fuel PCM. Replaced rattly driver side mirror. Replaced radio head unit that refused to release my CD's. All warranty.
    Engine still has difficulty starting when very cold.
    Occasional cold-start rough idle for as long as 30 seconds. CD player has been skipping and jumping tracks more frequently. Replaced all 4 brake rotors(!) and pads.

So you see even though people bitch about the new camaro saying it has all kinds of problems already. These tools should look at their own brand first and they have had 4 years head start on GM:lol:

What is notable to me is that the Camaro & G8 are built on the same platform, yet I don't remember hearing much about QC problems with the G8. Consumer Reports even gave it pretty good marks, overall.

In contrast, the Buick Regal/LaCrosse & the Pontiac GP are both W-bodies, yet the Buick gets much better marks for long-term reliability. I've heard that the Buick is built in Canada, while the GP is built in the US.

Two instances of a platform shared by two divisions of the same company - yet one gets good reviews, and the other has problems. What's up with this?

Although I'm a GM guy, I realize that every auto company makes some good ones & some bad ones. None are immune, but some of 'em seem to screw the pooch less often than the others...
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

You guys forgot this one...

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/13/b...ures-reported/

I didn't realize that GM built their own 6-speeds?

I remember not much was posted when the Cobra engines were being replaced due to the famous "tick". Oh well...

Comment

So the dickbag ford guys who ball their eyes out all the time saying how bad the camaros are for a mainshaft failing? Lets see Tremec trans same used in the fords and vipers and camaros are junk because of it. What a bunch of idiots but we have already established that.

What about all the terminator motors that have popped over the years?

Comment

Working...
        X