X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-6 Challenger review

http://www.nextautos.com/video/ask-it-dodge-challenger

LOL doesn't surprise me one bit.

Just wondering how Dodge expects to sell this against the new Camaro V6.

The Camaro will weigh about 400 pounds less, have over 300 HP, run 13s stock, and have a better interior and a definitely more unique/fun driving experience all for about the same price. Actually the Camaro V6 competes better with the V8 R/T. It's really not even in the same league as the Challenger V6.

I'm just wondering how much this is going to hurt Dodge. Like the guy said, the interior looks like a Charger, drives like a Charger, and doesn't really provide a unique driving experience. Pretty much the only good thing about it is that it looks cool on the outside. Dodge wanted to beat the Camaro to the punch and be the 1st out, but it shows in the product. They didn't put much thought into the design (looks no different than a 1970 Challenger), they slapped the body on a Charger chassis, and it weighs over 4000 pounds which definitely hurts it performance wise. Compare that to Chev who took a little bit more time, put more thought into the exterior design, used a whole new chassis, made it lighter than the Challenger, and gave it a totally unique look and feel.

Seems like Dodge always does that. They make a car that looks cool, but don't put a lot of thought or effort in other areas. People buy it when it first comes out because it looks cool, but then they don't get a lot of repeat customers because after owning it for a few months they realize everything outside of the exterior aesthetic is crap.

Comment

Yeah, the guy who gave the evaluation had that "tiresome" sound in his voice. haha

People have been critical of GM about being slow to bring the Camaro to market. I'll admit, I've been impatient and critical of them too. But after seeing how quick the excitement has worn off of the Challenger, I think GM did make the right decision.

But you're right. Look at the 300....when they were introduced, they were hot...everybody had to have em. Now you can't give em away.
      The Pacifica is another failure and has been discontinued. The Magnum (which my wife says looks like a gangster car) discontinued. PT Cruiser? lousy sales. Aspen, Durango, Nitro? What can I say? In fact...their truck line hasn't even been a threat to GM or Ford. Sebring? Avenger? Pretty pathetic.

People bash GM from all angles, but apparently give Chrysler a free ride.

Comment

Working...
      X