GMC or pontiac to get the ax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMC or pontiac to get the ax

Just read on a national board the GM is thinking of getting rid of either GMC or
    Pontiac. They were talking about the fact that GMC'S are just rebadged chevs and that GM may incorporate saturn into the other car lines so it may be pontiac buick saturn. Humm....if anyone can find a link post it up.

GMC used to be know as work trucks and there is not much difference IMO so maybe GM should make some cheap ass work trucks without all the frills
    instead of the luxobombs they make now. 6.2L egines are nice but what about a V6 turbo diesel[or twin turboV6] that got good mpg and still had power.

i vote they bring back olds, and reunite the BOP again.. i love my pipe dreams.. if they do axe gmc i think they would lose even more money than they are bleeding out now. because im sure people would be looking for cheap work trucks, and i dont believe that the big 3 are going to be able to keep up with the foreign automakers. This will just give toyota or somebody another opportunity to oust the big 3

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

It will be GMC 100% if they do this. They have put loads into pontiac over the last 2 years in development, advertising, and broadening the product lines. There is no freaking way that they will drop it after getting the G8 USA approved, and also the UTE will take over the small GMC truck line as it will get 25+MPG and is something people will actually buy instead of those stupid colorados.
      GMC on the other hand is only a couple parts bins and a marketing campaign away from being dropped the way it is! Quit making the grilles and badges, drop the advertising and fire the employees, bam its done. For them to rid pontiac, they would have to sever ties with alot of parts companies, would lose what, 10? vehicles from GMs product line, and now most importantly, explain to Holden why GMs most popular new vehicle in years will now lose 3/4 of its volume and they will just have to deal with it.
      Gary

Comment

I heard that chrysler was down 22% in sales last month compared the the year before.

All the car makers are screwed thanks to unions and their unrealistic retirement and health insurance plans. I wonder how long until us tax payers are going to bail out these companys again?

Comment

Working...
        X