Good job Toyota!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good job Toyota!

Is this news or will I be criticized as a Toyota basher?

Sent by a puzzled citizen...

Was talking to another Chevy dealer on a swap who also owns a Toyota store - can't understand why Toyota is so busy, yet Chevy with superior product is quiet - his Toyota service department is very busy inspecting Toyota Tacoma's for frame rot. It's interesting for if this were GM we would be the top story on the evening news - but with Toyota - haven't heard a word. This is a link to Edmunds Car Space where owners outline Toyota 's procedures and frustrations with getting this handled. http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f1200e2/100 Toyota is buying these trucks back at 150% of KBB retail excellent if there is a hole in the frame, keeping the vehicle and sending them back out in a rental. Also those with no hole get a 15 year warranty against the rot. GM would never get away with this.

A note from Zman...

How long are people going to let these clowns get away with this?

IMO, Toyota is buying back these pieces of shit to try and maintain their image of being higher quality and more dependable than anything on the market.

That's right...I believe Toyota has deep pockets and will do anything to maintain their image to their brainwashed followers and media.

Now it will be interesting to see the Toyota nuttswingers/cult come in and defend these clowns.

Rice rots when boiled too long :lol:

Comment

that is a funny photo....

Comment

f toyota and its reliability!

Comment

Looks like someone put the jack in the wrong place

Comment

toyota are the ghey

sweet pic!!

Comment

Looks like my dog out in the backyard after waiting all day for me to get home.
              Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

we've had 1 so far, so we are not doing them left and right. the reason domestics suck right now is they refuse to change with the industry, gm wouldn't have recalled it thats the difference, they would have said tough shit now you have to buy a frame. i don't drive a toyota i just get a paycheck from fixing them. yhalf the time its all maintenence work, toyotas rarelly break, but every car does have its common problems like any other manufactuer, its just toyota has less

Comment

Originally posted by taank View Post
                  we've had 1 so far, so we are not doing them left and right. the reason domestics suck right now is they refuse to change with the industry, gm wouldn't have recalled it thats the difference, they would have said tough shit now you have to buy a frame. i don't drive a toyota i just get a paycheck from fixing them. yhalf the time its all maintenence work, toyotas rarelly break, but every car does have its common problems like any other manufactuer, its just toyota has less
                  Hmmm...domestics suck? All of 'em?
                  Since we're talking trucks...why don't you name the import truck models that are better than "all domestics"?

they refuse to change with the industry
                  Where have they not changed with the industry?

GM wouldn't have recalled them
                  What evidence do you have to substantiate that claim?

they would have said tough shit now you have to buy a frame
                  How did you arrive at that conclusion?
                  GM's frame technology is years head of Toyota. Toyota obviously can't get it figured out because they're copying frame design from the late 90's GM trucks. Instead of using GM's hydroforming process, they're welding it all up and sliding it underneath the Tundra and calling it Tri-Tech. As a Toyota technician or whatever you do to collect a check from them, you should know that.

Toyotas rarely break
                  Even the lowest quality ranked vehicles on the road today "rarely break"

Every car has its common problems
                  I think a frame rotting away in just a few years is hardly a "common problem".

Comment

I have had to toyota those trucks on our drive on rack because of rotted frames. but only 20 year old trucks not that new.

strange

Comment

Originally posted by taank View Post
                      Hey taank, dont you have a few of old domestics?? How many old toyota's do you own? Jason.

Comment

0 toyotas. i drive all domestic

i didn't mean domestics suck, i meant in a bussiness sense, domestic dealers are not doing well.

Comment

[QUOTE=Z28SSMAN;18025]
                          Quote:
                          GM wouldn't have recalled them

What evidence do you have to substantiate that claim?

s10 blazer ball joints, full size idler and pitman arms

Comment

Working...
                          X