To the guy that said fox mustangs are NOT worth anything and wont be in 20yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pool Boy View Post
    :rotfl: actually I went on the scale at work the other day, its bouncing from 186-187 :cool:
    You've been eatin raw meat and liftin weights haven't you?

Comment

was at invergrove ford last sun., and they had a new gt vert that had a sticker of 30k. now that's inflation.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
        You've been eatin raw meat and liftin weights haven't you?

actually your right on the gym part I go atleast 4 days a week, but NO raw meat

Comment

Originally posted by superford3 View Post
          Its an LX so it was less then 14k since thats about what GTs cost new
          Not so sure about that. I have the window sticker to my 1992 coupe, 5 spd manual, and NO A/C option! List price is 14504.00 Even before the two options listed as add-on's it was at 13422.00 I would think an LX hatch cost more new than a coupe?

Comment

FWIW the base price of a Mustang LX Hatch 5.0 in 1992 was $15,243. Thats according to "The Official Mustang 5.0 Technical Reference & Performance Handbook," which is a great resource for 5.0 stuff

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchTA
              Fox bodies won't be worth anything in the future. There, I said it. There is always some example of a super rare optioned car that will sell for more than it's worth, but the average market price will never climb on any high production car built 76+.
              Interesting, and how would you know? If you can predict the future so well, maybe you should invest your money into buying the winning powerball numbers! Oh by the way theres no rare option on a foxbody. Except for the cobra R, which is a rare model. But you knowing so much about foxbodies should know about the Cobra R, LOL.

I think some have been a little miss guided, about what I meant. I know these cars wont be worth 20,30,40k in the future. But as nice ones become harder to find, certain mustang enthusiast will pay more money than your average guy would. For instance, most people saying they wont be worth squat in the future are GM guys, hmm. I've been a fan of the fox style for nearly 15yrs, and most people dont even have a clue as to how much money some people will shell out for a nice fox coupe. I respect everyones opinions but half the people making statement on this have NO clue about fox's and/or what the market is doing. I do know one thing, the more expensive model when buying new was the GT, which they are not selling for much. You guys should even see what the SSP models are going for! For thoughs of you who dont NO what those are, they use to be highway patrol foxbody coupes.
              Last edited by Pool Boy; 04-02-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

George Bush doesn't care about Foxbodys.

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
                  :rotfl::lol:

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post

Well duh he doesn't even care about our troops

Comment

In 15 years I think foxes will be worth about $150 for scrap, since there will be no gas.

Comment

Originally posted by 5speedfox View Post
                        In 15 years I think foxes will be worth about $150 for scrap, since there will be no gas.
                        ok same goes for everyother car that takes gasoline

Comment

Interesting, and how would you know? If you can predict the future so well, maybe you should invest your money into buying the winning powerball numbers! Oh by the way theres no rare option on a foxbody. Except for the cobra R, which is a rare model. But you knowing so much about foxbodies should know about the Cobra R, LOL.

I think some have been a little miss guided, about what I meant. I know these cars wont be worth 20,30,40k in the future. But as nice ones become harder to find, certain mustang enthusiast will pay more money than your average guy would. For instance, most people saying they wont be worth squat in the future are GM guys, hmm. I've been a fan of the fox style for nearly 15yrs, and most people dont even have a clue as to how much money some people will shell out for a nice fox coupe. I respect everyones opinions but half the people making statement on this have NO clue about fox's and/or what the market is doing. I do know one thing, the more expensive model when buying new was the GT, which they are not selling for much. You guys should even see what the SSP models are going for! For thoughs of you who dont NO what those are, they use to be highway patrol foxbody coupes.
                          I think there will be some "rare optioned" ones that will show up that will go for alot. I know that the coupes will bring the most money, the trend over the last couple of years has shown that. I think for non modified cars we will be seeing rare options like armrest delete and radio delete, dealer options, etc. The foxes will be the last ones like this because the 94+ Mustangs didn't have shit for options.

But the reason I got into foxbodies is because they are cheap and are just ending their "used car" days. In the next couple of years, we will be seeing less of them as drivers, so they will start to go into the collector car status. I'm 18 and got my first one when I was 12 or 13, so I haven't been into them very long compared to those who remember them new, but I am lucky to just catch the used car streak I think, because right about now they are at their lowest prices. I also started with a 4 cylinder car because it was the only way I could get a 5.0 coupe on the cheap, because these cars seem to be increasing in price faster than the other body styles. Maybe the hatches and verts haven't started their upward prices yet, or maybe they just won't get as much as the coupes, but prices for all of the cars will start going up sometime soon IMO

Comment

i always think it's cool to see older cars with almost no miles and new condition in and out. almost like a step back in time.

Comment

93NotchLX-very true, yes right now the coupes are what everyone wants, plus for you buying a 4cycl swap is cheaper on insurance!

KerrKooled-I agree with you on that for sure!

Comment

ok same goes for everyother car that takes gasoline
                                yea...whats ur point?

Comment

Working...
                                X