• Moar!

Comment

• *yawn*

Comment

• Originally posted by ReRod View Post
          *yawn*

Comment

• Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
            Why should you be mad if I don't like a car that you do? It's just an opinion... New cars just don't do anything for me.

Comment

• I still haven't seen it in person, I don't think I'll really know if I like it or not until I do.

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of the white exterior on it.

ReRod is right. Each person is entitled to their opinion.

I used to feel the same way about "new cars" ReRod. I still like the old muscle, but for a daily driver/weekend cruiser, it's hard to beat the newer cars. Not trying to criticize your way of thinking...

One day a friend flagged me down to show me a GN which he said ran 10's!!! I had just mounted slicks for my Chevelle and was trying to get packed up for Memphis. He expected me to get excited, but I frowned and told him the car didn't do anything for me and actually...new cars didn't excite me at all..because I was strictly into "old muscle".

I ended up driving the Camaro SS I now own and was so impressed with the overall package, I bought it.

Here's what started changing my thinking...
                I drove my SS-454 from Plymouth through downtown over to Porky's and back and it used about 1/2 tank of 110. I got nothing but compliments from people of all ages though.
                But...I can drive my Camaro cross country, cruise at 80 running 2k rpm, a/c cold, pull it onto the track and run high 11's to lo 12's with no changes to anything. All on plain old pump gas getting 25 mpg or better. Last year, after packing up to go down to Memphis, the only work I had to do to it was change the oil, wash and wax it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReRod View Post
                  Why should you be mad if I don't like a car that you do? It's just an opinion... New cars just don't do anything for me.
                  I was just messin with you.

Comment

• You meanie:lol:

Comment

• I guess I just like simple and boxy. I don't mind having a POS daily driver. It has no a/c but it has 4 big windows. It has a tape player from the 80's for tunes (updated 6x9's and my 20G Dell DJ keep me happy). Half of the car is spray-painted black. It pulls 20mpg at best....
                      ...but, the seats are like pillows, it heats like a mofo in the winter, and I don't have to worry about flying down gravel roads or into hail while storm chasing. I paid $400 for it about 3 years ago and haven't had to do anything but oil changes and put plugs in it in the 20K miles I've put on it. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it coast to coast.

As mentioned, it's just an opinion. I'm sure the new Camaro will be a nice car. It just lacks "character" to me I guess

Comment

• Wow, I just waisted alot of time reading all that.

Comment

• You probably had nothing better to do anyway though. lol

Comment

• GTO's!!! Whoo Whoo!

Comment

• Here is some new stuff I found

Camaro
                              MSRP* $ 21,750.00 (base price) to $ 36,620.00 (fully optioned)

Standard Options:
                              • Active Handling System: improves traction and enhances vehicle stability
                              • Brakes: four-wheel antilock disc standard
                              • Engine: 240 hp 3.9L 3900 V6
                              • Tires: front and rear, P235/40-17,
                              • Wheels: 17- x 8.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, silver-painted, aluminum
                              • Six-speed manual transmission
                              • Air conditioning
                              • Power windows
                              • Remote Keyless Entry
                              • Cruise control
                              • Cloth bucket seats
                              • CD player

Optional Base V6:
                              • PREMIUM PACKAGE- includes dual-zone air conditioning, automatic power Leather seating with heated 6-way power driver seat and front passenger and Head-Up Display with on-board computer (MPG, outside temp, compass etc.) $1515
                              • LIMITED SLIP REAR DIFFERENTIAL $195
                              • Automatic Transmission $850
                              • XM Satellite Radio $325
                              • OnStar $695
                              • Leather seating with 6-way power driver seat $1015
                              • Bose Monsoon Premium sound system with in-dash 6 CD changer and MP3 connection $600
                              • Wheels: 17- x 8.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, polished, aluminum $600
                              • Convertible $4000
                              • Power Sunroof $2000
                              • Floor mats: carpeted $75
                              • RALLY SPORT PACKAGE- 310hp HF V6 with DOD, dual exhaust, 17" aluminum polished wheels with P245/40-17 tires, RS badges, fog lamps, body-color grille inserts, front and rear fascia extensions $3000

Super Sport Camaro (SS)
                              MSRP* $ 28,145.00 (base price) to $ 41,745.00 (fully optioned)

• Engine: 420 hp 6.0L 6000 V8 LS3 with DOD
                              • Duel exhaust
                              • Tires: front and rear, P245/40ZR-18,
                              • Wheels: 18- x 8.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, silver-painted, aluminum
                              • Air conditioning
                              • Power windows
                              • Remote Keyless Entry
                              • Cruise control
                              • Cloth bucket seats
                              • CD player
                              • Fog lamps
                              • SS grille
                              • SS hood with scoop
                              • SS front and rear fascia
                              • SS Spoiler
                              • LIMITED SLIP REAR DIFFERENTIAL
                              • Floor mats: carpeted

Optional SS:
                              • PREMIUM PACKAGE- includes dual-zone air conditioning, automatic power Leather seating with heated 6-way power driver seat and front passenger and Head-Up Display with on-board computer (MPG, outside temp, compass etc.) $1515
                              • PERFORMANCE PACKAGE- performance handling suspension with stiffer springs, stabilizer bars, performance axle ratio, chrome tail pipes $2000
                              • Automatic Transmission $850
                              • OnStar $695
                              • Bose Monsoon Premium sound system with in-dash 6 CD changer and MP3 connection $600
                              • Wheels: 18- x 8.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, polished, aluminum $600
                              • Convertible $4000
                              • Power Sunroof $2000

Z28 Camaro (Limited Production)
                              MSRP* $ 39,250.00 (base price) to $ 44,985.00 (fully optioned)

• Performance large cross drilled rotors
                              • performance handling suspension with stiffer springs, stabilizer bars, performance axle ratio
                              • Engine: 525 hp Supercharged 6.0L 6000 V8 LS9
                              • Special Z28 exhaust outlets, polished, four-inch stainless-steel tips
                              • Tires: front, P275/40ZR-19,
                              • Tires: rear, P295/40ZR-19,
                              • Wheels: 18- x 9.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, silver-painted, aluminum
                              • Air conditioning
                              • Power windows
                              • Remote Keyless Entry
                              • Cruise control
                              • Cloth bucket seats
                              • CD player
                              • Fog lamps
                              • Z28 grille
                              • Z28 hood with scoop
                              • Z28 front and rear fascia
                              • Z28 Spoiler
                              • LIMITED SLIP REAR DIFFERENTIAL
                              • Floor mats: carpeted

Optional Z28:
                              • OnStar $695
                              • Wheels: 19- x 9.5-inch front and rear, five-spoke, polished, aluminum $600
                              • Power Sunroof $2000

Comment

• wasn't there a special ZL1 camaro in the last year of the 4th gen, with factory electric cutouts and all?

Comment

Working...
                                X