Newest '09 Camaro production pics....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superford3 View Post
    http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/...r/cockpit.html that is not as nice as you think it is, and wow you get butt hurt easy, are you friends with punch over on tcstangs
    The Impulse Blue GTOs with the blue seats are pretty "out there", but there aren't many of those. Most come with black leather and are very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
      The GT500 is faster than the GTO, yes, but the interior quality is nowhere near the GTO, and in fact pretty pathetic for a $50k car.
      Sounds like your being biased and think that the over priced gto that didnt sell for crap is on top of the world, I posted an opinion and you got over worked. take it as you wish and chill the **** out

Comment

I told GTo mike when i rode in his car, if I had to buy a gm the gto would be the one id buy due to it was a nice ride

Comment

Sounds like your being biased and think that the over priced gto that didnt sell for crap is on top of the world, I posted an opinion and you got over worked. take it as you wish and chill the **** out
          I never said the GTO was on top of the world. You stated GM had shitty plastic interiors when I said that the Camaro would have interior on par with the GTO. I responded by stating the GTO has a very high quality interior. I didn't say anything about GTO sales - that has nothing to do with this thread. I'm not overworked at all - maybe you're just not used to my posting style. Oh and if you don't want me to jump on you for saying stupid things, then don't say stupid things that make no sense.

Comment

I told GTo mike when i rode in his car, if I had to buy a gm the gto would be the one id buy due to it was a nice ride
            They are nice rides. It's too bad they didn't have a more aggressive appearance on the outside. They also have small trunks and are a bitch to get in the back seat. They might have sold more if they didn't have problems like that. GPS Nav/Bluetooth/XM Radio would have been nice options too.

Comment

I never said the GTO was on top of the world. You stated GM had shitty plastic interiors when I said that the Camaro would have interior on par with the GTO. I responded by stating the GTO has a very high quality interior. I didn't say anything about GTO sales - that has nothing to do with this thread. I'm not overworked at all - maybe you're just not used to my posting style. Oh and if you don't want me to jump on you for saying stupid things, then don't say stupid things that make no sense.
              If your on that subject you mentioned the gt500 was faster than the gto, same difference, you brought up that mustangs had crappy interior not me, but yes GM does have crappy cheap interior also, its all the same american made garbage just depends at what factory it was made

Comment

They are nice rides. It's too bad they didn't have a more aggressive appearance on the outside. They also have small trunks and are a bitch to get in the back seat. They might have sold more if they didn't have problems like that. GPS Nav/Bluetooth/XM Radio would have been nice options too.
                That and it was an old platform from overseas and didnt appeal to many at 35,000

Comment

If your on that subject you mentioned the gt500 was faster than the gto, same difference, you brought up that mustangs had crappy interior not me, but yes GM does have crappy cheap interior also, its all the same american made garbage just depends at what factory it was made
                  Yeah some GM cars have crappy interior. The GTO is not one of them. This thread is about the new Camaro, and the only reason I brought up the GTO is because the GTO's interior is going to be similar to the quality of the new Camaro's interior.

I'm not a Ford hater. I just think that the new Camaro is going to blow the Mustang away in interior quality, performance, and in my opinion - exterior looks. The Challenger is going to be nice - but extremely heavy at 4200 pounds and it looks exactly like the '70s Challengers. Ford also did an exact retro copy of the old Stangs. At least they tried to get creative with the Camaro. You may not like the looks but there are a lot of people out there who disagree with you.

Comment

Actually superford I feel bad for you Ford guys. I think your 03 Cobra looks 100x better than the new bodystyle Mustangs.

Comment

Opinions are like assholes and everybody's got one. I am not a big fan of this design nor was I of the original back in 67' But you are right ryan the gm cars except the GTO that I drove has has cheap interiors so does the new mustang. Let's look at it this way everything is plastic and that's what makes it cheap.

I do like the new challanger but then I like the retro look and the kiddies like the new stuff. Been that way for years People I grew up with hated most of the 60's car and said the 30's and 40's were the best ehh who knows. One thing for sure wheather you like it or not the will be GM vs. the Ford vs. the Mopar wars again so get used to it suck it up and let's race.

Comment

Great, more retro stuff

Why can't designers do just that, design cars, versus remake something old? I guess thats why I like the GTO more than the new camaro, just because it isn't buying into this retro bs. I also like the new edge and older mustang for the same reason (with the terminator being my favorite). And the only camaro I ever really liked is the 4th gen.

Also, I don't really care about interior options or any of that, I rather have a "stripper" model of a car than one with all of the luxury crap in it. Just my opinion I guess because everyone else seems to be going the opposite way. I guess I'll just sit out the retro fad. I won't have the money for a new car until the fad is gone anyways..

Comment

Actually superford I feel bad for you Ford guys. I think your 03 Cobra looks 100x better than the new bodystyle Mustangs.
                          I agree with you, I am not a fan of retro regardless of what auto maker it is, What i am hoping for is to see it on the streets and have it catch my eye

Comment

Well...I disagree with all of you!

You know why?

Cause I like to. lol

But seriously, I was at the car show last night. I wasn't a big fan of the Challenger before when I saw it a couple years ago. Last night I saw the real car and I really like it. It wasn't Orange which is the best color, it was Silver. I will be happy to see them out on the streets and track. I didn't know they were 4200 lbs though. Hell, I thought the '03 Cobra's were a heavy pig, but the Challenger has 'em beat.

But...we walked over to the Camaro display and people were ganged around it taking pictures. They had the Orange Convert with black stripes on display. It was probably the busiest display at the show.

As far as cheap plasticy interiors??? Why is it ok for other manufacturers to use plasticy interiors but when it's a GM, people jump on it like crazy???

We looked at a BMW M5 and for an $80k car the dashboard looked cheaper than an Impala. But nobody criticizes those guys??? Also, I find it amusing for a Mustang owner to criticize a Camaro for styling. lol

On some boards, even Fox body owners call Camaros ugly.
                            I like Mustangs, but I'm here to tell ya...Mustang owners of all people shouldn't be criticizing how a Camaro looks. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                              I like Mustangs, but I'm here to tell ya...Mustang owners of all people shouldn't be criticizing how a Camaro looks. lol
                              I call most 70's camaros and the new camaro ugly and I have a fox body And also, if I hadn't of found my first fox 6 years ago I would have been driving a 3rd or 4th gen camaro. Hell, the 4th gen is one of my favorite looking cars of their type, but I just can't afford one or else I'd have one.

I don't care who makes the car, if it has an ugly interior then I'll probably say something. But if I were in the market for a new performance car I would shop price vs. performance, not who has the nicest interior or most luxury options. I rather have a car with the least amount of options because most of these performance cars are around or north of 4000 lbs, so they can use the most weight loss from the factory as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                                Well...I disagree with all of you!

You know why?

Cause I like to. lol

But seriously, I was at the car show last night. I wasn't a big fan of the Challenger before when I saw it a couple years ago. Last night I saw the real car and I really like it. It wasn't Orange which is the best color, it was Silver. I will be happy to see them out on the streets and track. I didn't know they were 4200 lbs though. Hell, I thought the '03 Cobra's were a heavy pig, but the Challenger has 'em beat.

But...we walked over to the Camaro display and people were ganged around it taking pictures. They had the Orange Convert with black stripes on display. It was probably the busiest display at the show.

As far as cheap plasticy interiors??? Why is it ok for other manufacturers to use plasticy interiors but when it's a GM, people jump on it like crazy???

We looked at a BMW M5 and for an $80k car the dashboard looked cheaper than an Impala. But nobody criticizes those guys??? Also, I find it amusing for a Mustang owner to criticize a Camaro for styling. lol

Isnt that the reason you drive a catfish over a pony car, because you like the look of it better LOL to each his own I prefer the cobra

Comment

Working...
                                X