Who was your first street race against

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scorpner View Post
    Well, the first street races were in our parents cars and that would be a '75 Bonneville (400) against a Dodge Monaco (440).

Later on I had the '69 GTO against my buddies '70 Camaro. Back then we would hit Black Dog, a frontage road along 35W and Hwy100 (SLP) back when it was under construction.
    Black Dog is between Hwy 13 and the river in Burnsville I think now it's 108th or 112th street off 35w.

Comment

The first real street race I can remember was with my 78 camaro, mildly modified 400 and
      some other goodies, against a ferrari, blah blah blah, who gives a crap what kind. IT WAS
      A FERRARI!!! Took off north on hwy 61 out of White Bear Lake. I jumped him off the light
      and stayed ahead of him until we hit 90MPH. He started to pull away after that and I
      ran out of gears. I think he was pissed though, cause he wanted to go again, but I had
      to get to work.

Comment

Originally posted by 406*hp View Post
        The first real street race I can remember was with my 78 camaro, mildly modified 400 and
        some other goodies, against a ferrari, blah blah blah, who gives a crap what kind. IT WAS
        A FERRARI!!! Took off north on hwy 61 out of White Bear Lake. I jumped him off the light
        and stayed ahead of him until we hit 90MPH. He started to pull away after that and I
        ran out of gears. I think he was pissed though, cause he wanted to go again, but I had
        to get to work.
        Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by 406*hp View Post
          to get to work.
          You Outlaw you

Comment

Originally posted by mustangpauly View Post
            Black Dog is between Hwy 13 and the river in Burnsville I think now it's 108th or 112th street off 35w.
            Yes, down by the river where the cops would wait. I'm talking about three different places. Two in Bloomington and one in SLP.

Comment

My first street race was my 1977 Monte Carlo with a 350 chevy against a 1987 Monte SS with a 305 in it. I lost by a 1/2 a car length believe it or not. I was 16 years old and wanted that SS so bad! So, I just went out and bought one!! Still one of my favorite cars to this day..................and I've owned "TONS" of different cars!!Traver
              2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

My 1st race will be against Phoenix!!

Comment

I wanna see this.

Comment

My first one was back in 2000 against a blue 70's Camaro with a 350. Not my first pick, but a buddy bet $20 so we ran 'em. I lost.
                    Oh well

Comment

My first one...I think it was back in '89 with my 89 Mustang GT against John Zimmerman in his yellow 75-76 Monte Carlo, I think, and he spanked me from a dig, that's what set the speed bug in me to go faster:rotfl:
                      He was only running mid to low 14's at that time also

Comment

When I was 15 and my friend was 14 we raced our parents cars. 88 5th ave agaist 85 dodge k car

Funny thing is that I did not see my dad up on the deck watching us. Bad deal was he took away my dirtbike for 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangpauly View Post
                          A kid from high school we were at black dog when it used to be some what smooth. He had I think a 70 or 71 z-28 camaro with a 327 in it I had an old state trooper 78 plymouth fury told him it had a 318 or 360 or something like that needless to say I smoked him then told him what it really had a warmed 440 magnum. God I wish I still had that car. And yep it was trooper maroon.

Comment

looks like one of the cars from the dukes of hazzard :lol:

Comment

Lol, I forgot how big some of those light bars were. :rotfl:

Comment

Don't remember. John might, though.

Comment

Working...
                                X