Originally posted by black z View Post
      A fast POS is still a POS.
      A fast POS is called a sleeper.

Comment

Originally posted by big block fiero View Post

Comment

DRIVELINE period

would rather go fast then look pretty, besides when that guy with the shiney paintjob get's his doors blown off by the rat ride, it's poetic irony.

Comment

drivetrain definitely my cars gotta decent paint job on it now but if it didnt have a good motor it'd be no fun

Comment

A sleeping POS. A sleeper doesn't have to look like shit.

Comment

Wrong!!!!!!!!!!

My car is a pos but it isnt a sleeper.

Comment

For my personal cars, my style is showroom stock appearing. What works for me doesn't work for the next guy.

I respect a car that's nicely done mechanically without all the bling though.

I really like what 5door has done with his. It just wouldn't be the same if it had a fancy paint job...it has its own personality. The car is straight and all functional.

I wouldn't like it if his fenders were flopping, pipes hanging down, exhaust leaks, etc.

Comment

It's easier and cheaper to do the drive line. It takes a lot of time and effort to make and keep a car looking good. I suck at both, but I would rather do mechanical work than bodywork any day. Although I see quite a few cars with nice paint or a nice drive line (and sometimes both), I seldom see a "killer" drive line and never see a "killer" paint job any more. Perfectly straight cars were always rare, but now they are non-existent (even mega-buck units at car shows).

Comment

anyone who has seen my car would know that i voted driveline. but thats because i rather drive around in a partially primered 13 sec 5.0 then a nice looking slow 4 cylinder. but i'm painting it this year, so i'll have a bit of both

Comment

Both are nice, but I'll take function over form - if I can't have both.
                        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                        X