When will it end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will it end?

Cancer that is. With all the research and money thats put towards solving this horrible disease and we can't cure it yet? Right now cancer has three of my friends in its clutches. Two of them have a good chance of pulling through but the third is in dire straits. I've had friends and family members that have passed away from this as I'm sure some of you have as well. I just read Patrick Swayze has it. Jeff Healey, one of my favorite musicians, suffered most of his life with it and has died from it at only 41:

http://www.thestar.com/News/Canada/a...FSanQQodbX5opw

Maybe I need to do a bucket list, and I'm only 38. Sorry for the downer but I had to vent

I lost 1/2 my family to cancer in 2001 3 people died in 3 months. It is a sad thing to see someone go through.

Comment

I hear ya.

It's a horrible disease.

All I can say guys is go in for regular exams and do what the doc says.

Comment

It will never end but it will soon get better. Early diagnosis is key to winning this battle and part of the problem is that the act of taking a biopsy actually spreads the cancer even more because the cutting needle hemorrhages cells during the cut thus causing it to spread. Very soon my new soft tissue biopsy device will be on the market and sold by senorx. It takes multiple samples on a single pass thus leaving only one hole instead of as many as twelve that is standard today. That means that spreading due to hemmoraging is up to twelve times less likely. Also false negative prognosis will be dramatically reduced. You may be interested to know that the mechanical design is a cross between an automatic transmission and rack and pinion steering .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        United States Patent Application 20050075580
        Kind Code A1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Soft tissue biopsy instrument

During a soft tissue biopsy procedure, it is often desirable to collect multiple samples proximate a suspected tumor or the like. In the prior art devices described in the '860 patent, only a single sample can be taken for any one penetration of tissue by the outer cannula. This is because the outer cannula and the stylet housed therein must be removed from the patient before a first sample can be released for microscopic examination. Thus, it would be advantageous to have a soft tissue biopsy device that would allow multiple samples to be extracted from the patient without having to create multiple puncture wounds, thereby reducing patient trauma

Inventors: Leigh, Harold G.; (Iron River, WI) ; Kneen, Matthew; (Minneapolis, MN)
        Correspondence Name and Address: NIKOLAI & MERSEREAU, P.A.
        900 SECOND AVENUE SOUTH
        SUITE 820
        MINNEAPOLIS
        MN
        US

Serial No.: 391737
        Series Code: 10
        Filed: March 19, 2003

U.S. Current Class: 600/567
        U.S. Class at Publication: 600/567
        Intern'l Class: A61B 010/00

Comment

just went thru skin cancer , had it cut out and all is fine..... gives ya alot to think about when it happen's.....

Comment

That's brilliant big block fiero.
            I hope your invention will be used widely and help save lives.

And.....I'm glad to hear that you have been given a clean bill of health 98 cobra s/c. It's refreshing to know that you'll be around for us to tease. lol

Comment

cancer definitely sucks pretty hard. jan 07 i got diagnosed with testicular cancer- went thru chemo for 3months(5hrs a day).....they cleared me-went back to work for a couple months...get scanned, still clear- another month goes by...get scanned again this ime it spread from my lower lymph nodes to my lymph nodes in my chest and two tumors in my left lung( life sucks pretty hard at this point)...sept 07 i start hi-dose chemotherapy with autologus stem cell transfusion the whole process puts me down for another three months one and a half months was all in-patient at abbot stuck isolated in one room with its own ventilation system on the account of the high dose chemo killing all my immune system- i was only able to eat 1 meal the whole time i was there.. went from 215 to 180.....lost alot of muscle mass. that hi dose is some serious shit- feb 08 i get cleared again and finally get to go back to work--------- **** CANCER
              theres my story.....one thing i learned is appreciate all you have theres always someone who has it worse than you -chad

Comment

Originally posted by bluchev View Post
                cancer definitely sucks pretty hard. jan 07 i got diagnosed with testicular cancer- went thru chemo for 3months(5hrs a day).....they cleared me-went back to work for a couple months...get scanned, still clear- another month goes by...get scanned again this ime it spread from my lower lymph nodes to my lymph nodes in my chest and two tumors in my left lung( life sucks pretty hard at this point)...sept 07 i start hi-dose chemotherapy with autologus stem cell transfusion the whole process puts me down for another three months one and a half months was all in-patient at abbot stuck isolated in one room with its own ventilation system on the account of the high dose chemo killing all my immune system- i was only able to eat 1 meal the whole time i was there.. went from 215 to 180.....lost alot of muscle mass. that hi dose is some serious shit- feb 08 i get cleared again and finally get to go back to work--------- **** CANCER
                theres my story.....one thing i learned is appreciate all you have theres always someone who has it worse than you -chad

That's tough to go through and I hope you are feeling better at least the doctors were able to help you. I watched as the doctor told my sister that they were not able to do anything for her as the tumer was so big it cut off her stomach so she could not eat anything. The doctors feed her with an iv and 3 months later she passed away, It was hard to take when someone you love asks why they have to die and you cannot do anything.

Every day is a gift I hope you have many more.

Comment

Originally posted by 602hp View Post
                  That's tough to go through and I hope you are feeling better at least the doctors were able to help you. I watched as the doctor told my sister that they were not able to do anything for her as the tumer was so big it cut off her stomach so she could not eat anything. The doctors feed her with an iv and 3 months later she passed away, It was hard to take when someone you love asks why they have to die and you cannot do anything.

Every day is a gift I hope you have many more.
                  thanks. hard lesson to learn but i'd go thru it again in a heartbeat if i could guarantee no one i know would suffer from it-- sorry for your loss...once again cancer sucks ass

Comment

In my opinion I think there is a cure for it, but look at all the money that would be lost for treatment, medication, ect, ect.....I mean come on they find a way for everything else. My mother inlaw passed away from cancer in 2004, very very hard to deal with

Comment

Working...
                    X