Anyone ever heard of CVX mufflers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever heard of CVX mufflers?

I just tore the catback exhaust off my stang, getting ready to put the force II's on this weekend. I believe the mufflers where called cvx, they showed a graph on them stating they flow better than flowmasters. The outsides of them where in good shape yet, but the insides where very rusty.

Originally posted by Pool Boy View Post
    they showed a graph on them stating they flow better than flowmasters.
    Not hard to believe... Flowmasters are one of the worst-flowing aftermarket mufflers out there. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...lowmaster.html

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
      Not hard to believe... Flowmasters are one of the worst-flowing aftermarket mufflers out there. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...lowmaster.html
      true, but you wont pick-up/lose alot of hp with just a certain muffler, most people wont even notice the power difference unless its a 500+ hp motor. Plus the catback that I had on was only 2 1/4 inch, and by looking on the inside I dont know how the exhaust made it through.

Comment

So did you start it up without the cat-back on?

Comment

Looks like Im switching my 3 in flowmasters on the maro this year to dynamax race

Comment

So did you start it up without the cat-back on?
            No, I know what it sounds like, I've raced at thunder with the catback off before..........doesnt sound that great with the stock cam, ect...

Comment

[QUOTE=Fotoboy;11250]Looks like Im switching my 3 in flowmasters on the maro this year to dynamax race[/Q

maybe you'll get more of this

Comment

Yea....I remember you driving up on the trailer to remove/install it.

Comment

Anyways, on topic of CVX's, they might just be a somewhat local-to-Denver brand. We have a local company in Litchfield (http://www.heartthrobexhaust.com/) that might be similar...

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                    Yea....I remember you driving up on the trailer to remove/install it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pool Boy View Post
                      hell of a ride!:rotfl:

Comment

Just from a quick Google of "CVX exhaust" it looks like they're made by Walker, the same company that makes Dynomax.

Comment

Just from a quick Google of "CVX exhaust" it looks like they're made by Walker, the same company that makes Dynomax.
                          yeah, I just found that too, not a whole lot of info on them, the muffler itself is pretty small in diameter or thickness, and full of rust on the inside, which could be from minimal use maybe

Comment

Working...
                          X