Rock Falls Rain out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls Rain out

A few guys said they were heading out there today and asked why I wasn't going.
    Tough to load up the car, tools, spend your time to get there and wait for the track to either get warm enough or dried.
    I saw they said they'd start drying by 1, but we all know that takes at least an hour. Spend gas to and from without getting a pass in .
    Plus if the pits are wet, you drag dirt and sand up to the starting line. Once we took Jonny's Typhoon and it had rained, I was wiping the sand off the tires with a towel. (can't do an awd burnout to clean the tires off).
    They weren't sweeping the staging line much or using a blower and he got I think a 2.06 60ft.
    My point? I'm not going if there's more than 30% chance of rain.

John and I are going to the Grove this coming Sat. with Brad's Nova. Why don't you come out there and run?

Comment

Wow, sounds like fun. Will check the calendar and let you know.

Comment

If Brad's car hooks it should run somewhere in the mid 6's.

Comment

Well, we didn't run mid 6's it was more like high 6's. 6.89@102.5mph to be exact. Pretty good for a car that needs a lot of tuning. I did notice when I raced Brad's Nova an my 2nd pass the engine would not pull over 6K in high gear. Still was fun today.

Comment

Working...
          X