Tesla Plaid vs Drag Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla Plaid vs Drag Cars

The article says their times are 1/4 mile, but it's 1/8th. Wait for the Grand National race. Not sure why the Tesla driver had to wear gloves. lol ($120k+ for a Tesla Plaid)

For sure someone forgot to tell the other cars Torque win races in the 1/8 but in the 1/4 it may have been a different outcome for some of those races as the Tesla does not have the top end that the drag cars have as I saw that in some other videos. I did find it funny when the Tesla driver trolled the BBC Camaro tubbed car, looks like something I would do, lol. Now here the other problem with letting the Tesla run 6.09 with no safety equipment, it's unfair to all the other racers to mandate all this "you need 2 year dated belts and roll bars, cages and nets" to the rest of us while letting the electric cars have nothing. What if that Tesla were to have a big old battery fire, there's no way to put it out and NHRA knows this, so those guys should have to wear a T/F F/C drivers equipment. Maybe racers everywhere should sue NHRA and get the safety rules tossed our in court because it's unfair. Bet there's some liberal judge that would go a long with that. I can run in the 6.70's now with my 406, all I need to do is take away a little converter and gear, toss on the big shot plate and take this guy out. I ran some very low 6's with my 358 and a 200 shot with crappy tires. I guess if I could beat a Tesla like that I might gloat on him a little.

Comment

Yeah, I haven't seen any around. I'd like to have something to troll one with. You're right about the battery fires and safety equipment. I wouldn't wanna be around one a fire started. My nephew is on the St Paul Fire Dept and he says they have to treat electric cars involved in accidents differently because it could be life threatening.

Comment

Damn, that GN hauled some serious ass!
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
        X