'03 '04 Cobra "Terminator"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '03 '04 Cobra "Terminator"

Remember the almighty Cobras from back then? 390 hp from a behemoth 4cam, 32 valve with a supercharger with as Bob said "pop can sized pistons" while GMs LS6 from '02-'04 made 405 hp with it's compact 1 cam, 16 valve NA. John Coletti and SVT (Sorry Vehicle Team) encouraged people to pound on 'em and modify 'em. Here the engine failures from a FORD site. https://www.modularfords.com/threads...engines.12489/

Yeah, I remember those. Torqueless wonders - despite the blower. Back in the day, I spanked a bunch of 'em with the GN. They were a full second slower in the 1/4 & a full second slower 0-60 than my "tweaked" GN. Even when modified, none of 'em had anywhere near close to my GN's ~550 lb of torque @ 1800 RPM. As Carroll Shelby once said - "horsepower sells cars, torque wins races".
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Ha Ha, I remember those clowns like Fast Mark and Baloney Tony, anyone remember Osama and his slobra? those guys were pathetic and like Joel said torque less piss boxes. How about 98 Cobra S/C's car that Hi-wreck screwed up his car and who worked on Joes shit box? Casey with his "my car ran a better ET at the track so I'm faster than you" idiot. If those 32 valve shitboxes are so good how come all the little ford faggots are putting in LS engines their fords? Cause GM GETS THE JOB DONE, that's why.

Comment

Growing up with big-block Buick powered family cars & owning a '67 GS 400 4-speed, I've always hated engines that make fewer lb of torque than they do horsepower. If I can't just barely tip into the throttle & get pushed back in the seat hard enough to make me grin, it's a wimpy POS.

Those quad-valve Ford V8s didn't have enough torque to drive a piss-ant's motorcycle around the inside diameter of a BB.
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Watched a 1320 video with Baloney Tony on youtube, boy did he turn into a porker. He bragged the whole time how he's like the only guy that runs 4.6 and can beat all these LS powered mushstangs. I got news for Tony go to the Rock as be prepared to to get your ass handed to you buddy. There was one Turbo LS mushtang running in the low 8's. Anyone remember his famous Cedar Falls 10 sec run that he could never reproduce at the track that day, then goes home and gets his ass handed to him by Nate with his shit box honduh. LOL.

Comment

Working...
          X