First drive of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First drive of the year

Anyone take their hotrod out for the 1st drive of the year yet?

Decided to fire-up the GN today & take it for a drive to get the juices flowing & heat-cycle the engine before we get the 3-4" of snow tomorrow night. She fired right up & ran great! Got a bunch of thumbs-ups at stoplights & had a number of people ask me about the car while I was at the gas station topping-off the tires. Couple guys even said they hadn't seen a real GN since high-school. It's still hard for me to realize the car is that rare.

Still have to get it into the shop for an estimate on fixing the opera window, but I'll wait 'til the white fungus we're supposed to get has melted.

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Ya it feels good going for that first ride o f the year Joel. I have plenty of work to get my street cars on the road again now that i'm not going racing until late this year.

Comment

Taking the GN out for a cruise this afternoon - even though the left quarter window is taped-up with black Gorilla tape.
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Had a nice 2+ hr drive. Cruised Lake Calhoon/Lake Harriet, and also Lake Nokomis, and all of Minnehaha Pkwy in both directions - plus all of Crosstown Hwy in both directions. Car ran perfectly. When I stopped to fill-up with non-oxy 93 before I went cruising, a bunch of people gathered around, asking if it's a real GN. Saw some nice iron out cruising. Got a lot of TUs, even from people out walking & biking. :)

Joel

Comment

Boy I wouldn't even think of going down to mpls for a drive and possibly get my car jacked by a thug.

Comment

Anyone who tries to take my car at a gas-station or while cruising the lakes will be in for a surprise. First-off, I can disable the engine computer remotely, from up to a mile away. Car stops dead in it's tracks, and the only way to get it running again without the correct remote would be to replace the computer. Not likely to happen. Secondly, I may or may not have something with me that shoots fast chunks of lead.

Comment

Working...
            X