Rock Falls Oct 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls Oct 9th

So...I got a text from a few old racing friends and weather permitting--we'll be hanging out at the Rock on Oct 9th.
    Jon Aaberg will bring his 10 second 2nd gen Camaro and looks like Ash will be there too.
    Now that I think I got my clutch and drivetrain issues and a better tune, I plan to bring the '00 SS. Jon will bring the Typhoon and Patrick is bringing his '14 SS. I've spent a lot of time getting them both upgraded, so I'm hoping for good track times.
    Here's your chance, Bob to line up your 2nd gen against Aaberg's 2nd gen!

Looks like I will have to pass on racing this time, the car has been put away until this time next year, need to do other stuff for a while. I really wanted to run John but I have to get a new rear end in the car along with getting my converter fixed but, if all goes well there should be a new and improved bullet in the car with some AFR heads on this bad boy next year. Besides, my wife would not like me racing on her birthday. You guys have a good time, I will watch it on the net when Rock does the live feed. Good luck to all of you guys.

Comment

Was talking with Roy out at the swap meet and him and John are now running the bottle on their BBC to get them to run quick, lol. Roy twisted his car all up and they both want to run 9's now. When you can do it with an N/A engine then it's impressive. Anyone can run 9's with boost these days.

Comment

Bottle??? As the old Dragnet theme song says...Dun da dunt dunt! Oh well, no one said anything to me about running the giggle juice. You know I'm an N/A guy, so I'll be eating sandwiches while shifting gears going down the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Bottle??? As the old Dragnet theme song says...Dun da dunt dunt! Oh well, no one said anything to me about running the giggle juice. You know I'm an N/A guy, so I'll be eating sandwiches while shifting gears going down the track.
          Nitrous, turbos and superchargers are for those who cannot build an N/A engine that makes great power on it's own. Make sure you put some mustard on those run this Sat. LOL.

Comment

So, I wonder what everyone ran yesterday??? Lots of mice here.

Comment

Well I won't post ETs quicker than what I actually ran. I couldn't get out of the 11.70s @118 and 7.50s in the 1/8th @ 92, but we had un-October air, so I'm ok with it. I checked and found the DA was over 3000 ft.
              Jonny ran a best of 12.02 @ 110 and a few 12 teens with his Typhoon also 7.60s in the 1/8th. That Ty is amazing and would whip many drag cars asses in a street race if they dared to bring em out. Not going to match an awd with drag radials on all 4 corners. Roy ran a 10.11 @ over 130 with his Nova. Aaberg ran 10.60s-10.70s N/A and was going to attempt to match or beat Roy's time by using nitrous. We left before they did. There was a twin turbo street GTR running 9s at over 160. Overall a good day hanging out with all of the racing friends from way back in the day.

Comment

I saw that the air was pretty bad, Al was saying the air was 2100 from his weather station and he ran 10.74, I did not get to watch you guys as there was no live feed from the Rock on test days now. Good to see your son ran very well with his Ty. Roy said he was pushing a 300 shot with his 502 but if he keeps doing that it's going to pop. Would have liked to been there with you guys but I have too much yet to do at the end of this year. I am happy with my 11.30 out of the 358 N/A last time out. I am sure we can hit the track next year.

Comment

Working...
                X