New test at the Rock this Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New test at the Rock this Friday

I have the old 98Cobra S/C 406 in the car for some new testing of a set of Dart 215's I ported over the winter. Engine sounds real good except for a couple of oil leaks it ready to go. Will be interesting to see if it's much better than last years Vortec 406 with the tiny heads that ran 10.90's.

Looking like a great day to race. Low humidity, high baro and low temps. Now we just have to hope the car co-operates. Details at 11pm.

Comment

The car blistered the track with 10.60's and 70's yesterday. Need to do some suspension stuff and add my 4.88's to get this thing banging in the 10.30s now. Old engine and new heads really made for a great day, My NHRA friend couldn't keep up lol.

Comment

John Oberg you better look out, I am looking for you to race again. No pity races this time. LOL

Comment

Oh oh I see someone looking to give another guy an ass beating at the track, lol.

Comment

Those are smokin times!

Comment

I busted the car today after running the 2nd pass. Car made a big BANG and then did not move at all. Turns out I busted the spider gears, you know what that all about right Glenn, LOL.

Comment

Ouch. That's too bad. Yeah I've had to replace a few sets of those. Broke during the launch I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  Ouch. That's too bad. Yeah I've had to replace a few sets of those. Broke during the launch I guess?
                  Actually it broke on the return road of all places. So far looks like the 4.10's did not get hurt. I am going to put the mini-spool back in the car for the last wo races I will be going to.

Comment

Working...
                  X