Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Know of any shops that can repair aluminum heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know of any shops that can repair aluminum heads?

One of my friends has a pair of aluminum heads that he needs some repair work done on. He said the main area to be worked on is the seats.

Is there some shop around that is good enough at repairing cylinder heads that I should suggest to him? They are an older set of Ford Racing heads I guess...

Aluminum Head Repair

There is a place called (Metal(s) Joining Lab)? It's just north 98th street about one mile west of 35 W. I'm not sure if he still is in business, but he did do blocks and heads, etc. the last time I was there a few years back. I was referred to him years ago by a local machine shop. Steve Vermeer, Induction Research. Good luck, and keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Shea View Post
      There is a place called (Metal(s) Joining Lab)? It's just north 98th street about one mile west of 35 W. I'm not sure if he still is in business, but he did do blocks and heads, etc. the last time I was there a few years back. I was referred to him years ago by a local machine shop. Steve Vermeer, Induction Research. Good luck, and keep us posted.
      Thanks Tom! Does this look like the correct website? http://www.metalsjoininglab.com/

Comment

Headwerks in bloomington

Comment

Originally posted by superford3 View Post
          Headwerks in bloomington
          This place?

Comment

Metals Joining Lab

Yes, That is the place. Roger Sando is the guy. He is good, and has been in business for a long time. He is kinda a cranky old guy like me.

Comment

Cylinder Head Service Inc
              2500 23rd Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404
              Phone: (612) 721-4112
              www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
              Green four door Chevy

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. My friend will be pleased to have some places to call around to.

Comment

Gino (BLKTA) had one of his AFRs repaired at Weber Racing in Ohio. He was extremely happy with the outcome..

Comment

Originally posted by black z View Post
                    Gino (BLKTA) had one of his AFRs repaired at Weber Racing in Ohio. He was extremely happy with the outcome..
                    My friend is hoping to have it done more locally but I'll be sure to remember your post if something doesn't work out.

Comment

Working...
                    X