Daily Driver / Grocery Getter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Driver / Grocery Getter

I'm curious as to how many of us there are that use thier toys for basic transportation. I'm betting there are alot of younger people that have only the one car. Also I'm wondering how many out of those two groups have a place of thier own to wrench on and store thier cars? Lastly what level of facility is it that they have. I'm guessing that there is not that many well equipped home garage / shops out there. Pics?

22x25 soon to be heated garage ( just waiting for spring so I dont tear my roof up)
    Big air copressor, welder, table griders, no ac adn a lift wont happen in this garage

the new dd is my wifes car a 08 Impala SS w a 5.3 ls4 and I was hoping to leave it un modded........

Still got the other 2.

Comment

Garage / Shop

What is the level of equipment in out shops. How many have air compr, torch, welder, Heat, AC, auto lift, etc?

Comment

All four of mine are daily drivers. (I don't drive two of them in the winter though.)

I work in my garage and do as much as I can get away with. I need more room though.
        I don't have much equipment.

Comment

mines my daily, i rent a house with two other guys right now with a 6 car heated garage, basically have every hand tool, just need to get a welder and compressor and our garage is pretty set, got an engine hoist, and a couple of engine stands with engines on them. garage= 1300sq ft, house=1100 .. i love it

not too bad for being almost 20 if i must say so
          Last edited by smooth_358; 02-26-2008, 08:27 PM.

-Aaron
          87 cutlass
          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
          87 olds 442 - old mans ride
          355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

We don't use it often, but everyone needs a truck, right?
            2001 Z71 that is basically stored year round, except for when we need to haul something or tow the sleds. 51k miles. :cool:

Wife's daily driver.
            2000 Regal GS

My daily driver / beater with a heater.
            1994 Roadmaster wagon LT1

The shop (back when it getting built)

I'm slowly trying to accumulate tools, but most of my money has been going to spoil my 3 year old. Hopefully, I can get the two post lift in the next few years.

Randy
            www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
            Green four door Chevy

Comment

I have a new hoist with a car on it

Comment

My Malibu sat outside all last summer in a parking lot on the busiest street in town. I live in an apartment so it was my only option at the time. I might have a stall of someone else's garage to store it in this summer. I hope that pans out because it sucks having to always watch the weather forecast for storms and hail. If it's (hail) in the forecast, the car gets moved a couple blocks to underneath the pathetic excuse for a mall and spends the night there.

I know.... I'm ballin'

Comment

I run an 8 bay fully equipped shop so my home garage dont get much use

Comment

I drive my cobra from spring to the first snow fall. Last year I was able to drive it till Thanks Giving. Otherwise its the binder for the winter.

Comment

26X26 Almost finished garage with heat air comp and full tool box. I have been working on the garage off and on all winter. It's funny because by the time the heater actually works it will be time to install ac. Oh well it will take me through next winter.

Daily driver 98 Yukon
                      SS is stored until it comes out of hibernation. I cant believe I actually spelled that right.

Comment

I have a 48'x30' heated with fuel oil, full tool box,air compressor,and all the light and music you need to work on the cars, my daily is a '92 cavalier thanks to fast repo! the stang is still in the garage waiting to come out and play. other dailies are '93 full size chev 3/4 ton jacked up. Its funny cause my garage ia bigger than my house! how you ask I live in the country far far away from the cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Fotoboy View Post
                          22x25 soon to be heated garage ( just waiting for spring so I dont tear my roof up)
                          Big air copressor, welder, table griders, no ac adn a lift wont happen in this garage

the new dd is my wifes car a 08 Impala SS w a 5.3 ls4 and I was hoping to leave it un modded........

Still got the other 2.
                          So, I can use your garage to install cage, 9"?

Comment

haha i got all the tools ya need welder air and a damn tuckunder garage!!!
                            the chevelle gets stored in the garage year round the denali saturn and p/u sit outside
                            hopefully i'll be able to afford a garage in the next 2 years

Comment

I put about 8000 miles on my 90 Mustang last year, I try to drive it as much as I can when It's nice out. I work in a one stall at home but I have used a stall at work, nothing beats working with a lift.
                              90 5.0 GT New combo
                              11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Working...
                              X