Sleeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Shea View Post
    Those trucks are truley amazing. They are way cool, being able to run 12s and 11s and still be a haul / tow vehicle.
    And get 20 mpg doin it

Comment

I'm hoping to surprise a few people. I did stray a little though by running 3" exhaust and having A-pillar gauges. I still want to find some good old 15" hubcaps to run at times though

Comment

I agree with Tom. When I think of sleeper I'm not thinking Mustang, Camaro, Trans-Am ,etc. They were designed to to a sporty or faster than normal car to begin with so that eliminates them in my book. Sleeper is a late 80s Mopar turbo minivan thats got the boost turned up, a 4 door anything thats fast, and yes even those coal burning pick-ups Sorry but Silverado SS ( most are sleds that I've seen ), Lightenings and Dodge SRT Rams aren't sleepers as they were designed and marketed to be somewhat quick. I saw a '64 Chevelle 4 door in Car Craft years back that had a wicked sbc in it that ate anything in its path.

Comment

Originally posted by ReRod View Post
          I'm hoping to surprise a few people. I did stray a little though by running 3" exhaust and having A-pillar gauges. I still want to find some good old 15" hubcaps to run at times though
          Malibus have become so popular, everytime I see one I get up to it just to hear if it has anything done.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
            How many have beat your Cobra?

Really though, these new trucks are getting pretty fast. Stock.
            I don't know I saw a 3/4 ton chev truck 6.0 running high 13's and that is pretty stout and that would be impressive no matter who's nameplate it had.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              Malibus have become so popular, everytime I see one I get up to it just to hear if it has anything done.
              Quite true. I can't argue that

Comment

I would say a F250 DIESEL Tow Vehicle That weighs in at 7-8000# And has Close to 500RWHP AND over 800FT# of RWT and runs Mid to High 13's is a hell of a sleeper.

Comment

i have a sleeper!

Comment

personally I think that a sleeper would have to be something that would at least be classified as a used car by todays standards (late 80's and up) because it would have to be something that you would be used to seeing on the road nowdays vs. collector cars where someone would be like, "oh hey, look at that (insert collector car model)". I think the decline of sleepers could also be attributed to how most cars are fwd platforms, although there are a lot of fwd cars making good power, its still the norm to do a rwd v8 platform. again, all of this is just my opinion

but if I could do a sleeper it would be something based off of a 91-93 thunderbird or cougar or a 96-97 tbird. they are cheap, rwd, you constantly see them, they already have a mustang spec motor, and most people wouldn't suspect them.

Comment

Working...
                    X