Street vs track performance difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street vs track performance difference

I wonder what the true difference is between the street and track for most cars. I'm sure the tire difference can be an issue. I mean with the same tires. Granted the basic design of the car, F / R weight bias and suspension are big factors. I'm thinking that there is a sliding scale where the difference increases with the cars performance. I'm guessing a 12 to 13 second car would be minor, possibly within a tenth or two. A nine second car might have a greater range of variability, possibly 1/2 to a full second. I'm sure there are guys that have both tested and verified. I would like to see some results / examples.

high non streetable stall, on the track you can set your suspension up to hit the tires alot harder than you can on the street. I have different suspension settings for street and track. Prob too much gear too for the street over the track.

Comment

I have to play around, pedaling it until the middle of second gear to hook, I once used a buddies g-tech in my car on the street, not sure how accurate they are but the car was running 11.9-12.0 on the track with m/t et streets and on the street with the same tires, car was set up the same way other than it had exhaust on it, it ran 13.1 on the g-tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

My gtech was not accurate on the track

Comment

Street / Strip comparo

I was hoping to see some more G-tech data. It would be nice to see the same set-up, tires and power levels, with the same G-tech. As close to apples to apples as you can get. It seems that the one G-tech quote here shows around a second difference on a low 12 high 11 sec car at the track. Unless the exhaust made a big difference in power. I was thinking that real difference would be traction.

Comment

My TQ converter... I like it at the track, but on the street it sucks.

Comment

what exactly is it about your converter? Is it too high stall for the street? What can you foot brake it to? what will it flash stall to? does it seem to rev too high when normal pedal driving? If veru high stall, what temp does the trans run? What trans cooler?

Comment

Its a 4K stall no a 2.4str

at higher speeds it just seems like its not effecient enough. When I go WOT on the juice at highway speeds, it seems that it just blows thru it.

But, at the track its a completly different story. It hits hard out of the hole for just a 2G foot break.

Comment

Does it seem like you are pushing through it at the big end at the track? what rpm and mph do you go through the lights at? Drive or OD?

Comment

Originally posted by waterbug1999 View Post
                    Its a 4K stall no a 2.4str

at higher speeds it just seems like its not effecient enough. When I go WOT on the juice at highway speeds, it seems that it just blows thru it.

But, at the track its a completly different story. It hits hard out of the hole for just a 2G foot break.
                    Jody you should use 1/3 less converter with no2 than without and that is what I did for this year. When ever I have used the 8" in the camaro it drives right through it I am going back to the 10" TCI I have that worked so well with no2 then I will buy a yank next time.

Comment

Yea, I have heard guys using a ~3K stall for N20 cars as the N20 makes the verters flash higher. But, I like the higher stall N/A as that is what I mostly drive in. (unless fotoboy come rolling up next to me).

Im going to see how this verter performs at the track with a 200 shot this year.

Comment

The more tq. the engine makes on it's own or with spray the higher the stall will be.
                        That 8" TCI i have hit 6200 off the line with a 150 shot. Both mine suck on the street.

Comment

I going as tight as I can get for my hp, prob one that is rated for 2800-3200 which w my hp will be a 4200

Comment

Im sure mine flashes to ~5K or so pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                            X