Why do we do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do we do this?

Fast Eddy told me once that a ride from Brian Carpenter ruined his life. Sorry Eddy if this isn't completely verbatim, but I think I understood your meaning. I suffer from the same condition, an addiction to the rush of acceleration from a car. Somehow, no ride at Valleyfair or anything else is the same. For me it is almost the sole reason for dedicating an inordinate amount of time, money and effort on a thankless mass. The question is really the same as the which world would you rather live in thread (you know I emphatically choose #2 Tom) but now you can explain your own primary motivation.

http://www.twincityoutlaws.com/showthread.php?t=361

Comment

Thanks for the direct ReRod. My question is slightly different however as I wish to know the primary (single most) reason. I suffer from a hopeless addiction and I'm trying to find solace in the fact that someone else might spend all their time and money on this frustrating hobby- insanity loves company.

Comment

thats why you build somthing you cant control 100%, like my pos 1000hp, a stick and street tires :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by orange88 View Post
          thats why you build somthing you cant control 100%, like my pos 1000hp, a stick and street tires :lol:
          You dont make 1000hp so dont pretend you do

Comment

I could never win a spelling bee, so I figure I would do something I like doing.
            Yea watching Carp's car disappear into the darkness one night was awesome, kind of like the starship enterprize disappearing at the beginning of the show.
            And then getting a ride in the Devil in a blue dress sealed my fate. Carp hit the gas from a slow roll, sawed the wheel till he pulled hi with the glide, the little tires finely hooked up and the car was pulling hard. Two things I remember most, I was glad Carp was driving, that thing was buck wild, #2 I hope this thing doesn't break, cause it will be alll over if it does.
            Many years later and with much pride I get to take the Triumph out for a ride, I have even heard people say the Triumph was buck wild, kinda brings a smile to my face.

Comment

Why? Primary reason.

O.K. Brett. I guess I can prioritize my reasons enough to recognize which one is #1 for me. It may have been different a few years back. Now I would have to say that it puts a smile on my face every time I think about my toy. It doesn't matter when the last time I played with it was, in order to get that smile. I do feel that it's a shame to not drive it more often. I will try to do something about that this comming season.

Comment

Gives me something to do.. I enjoy it for the most part as well.

Comment

Working...
                X