No announcement yet.

What is a street car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh but if you drag raced your car then you are a drag racer. One guy told me that at the track he trailerd his I drove mine home. Dang I miss those days.

Comment

... all i wanted to find out was the exhaust statute

-Aaron
      87 cutlass
      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
      87 olds 442 - old mans ride
      355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M
        My street car has a front plate, your race car doesn't. I think my street car held together better than your race car too, and probably saw more street miles than yours did last summer too.
        i have a front plate pal, also i drove mine as much as i could (1600miles) i was busy.
        and all i broke last summer was a clutch, and i did have 1 design flaw that was a 5 min fix.

plus by law your isnt a street car its a race car.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M
          Hmm, I didn't break anything.
          thats cuz you dont make enuf hp's

Comment

mine does both, but would not pass emissions, leave the defrosters in phoenix you will need heat in the spring and fall........

Comment

Originally posted by orange88
              ill take my treaded tires over your slicks anyday. ill take my 20mpg over your 6mpg . my car with sway bars in it so i can go around corners, your does not yup better. hell my full interior with extra sound deadening so its extra quiet, yup still more of a street car.
              oh wait i can drive in rush hour traffic on a 90*+ with out the temp rasing or stalling. can you????

i can fill up at any gas station with any gas, can u?

so how is your drag car a better street car then mine?

How is my car better....Umm look at my sig!! 9.10 and I go around corners no different than when it was stock, I drive it in the rain, I get 8 mpg, the only interior I'm missing is the back seat..(you ever sit a back seat in a mustang?? It pointless), I can drive in the crowd at Car Craft, no stalling no overheating on a 90 degree plus day..... Want me to keep going??? Oh yeah did I mention... I'M FASTER

Comment

Originally posted by Racin Repair View Post
                How is my car better....Umm look at my sig!! 9.10 and I go around corners no different than when it was stock, I drive it in the rain, I get 8 mpg, the only interior I'm missing is the back seat..(you ever sit a back seat in a mustang?? It pointless), I can drive in the crowd at Car Craft, no stalling no overheating on a 90 degree plus day..... Want me to keep going??? Oh yeah did I mention... I'M FASTER
                yeah keep going i think its funny. oh and your car corners like shit, bring it to a road track and give it a try ill be the one laping you all day long. were not talking about being a few seconds faster were talking 30 or more seconds faster i promise.

or cant you race a race where you have to turn?
                lets frum roll then, you think your 660 is a match for my 1000+?

apples to oranges, all you drag racers are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by orange88 View Post
                  yeah keep going i think its funny. oh and your car corners like shit, bring it to a road track and give it a try ill be the one laping you all day long. were not talking about being a few seconds faster were talking 30 or more seconds faster i promise.

or cant you race a race where you have to turn?
                  lets frum roll then, you think your 660 is a match for my 1000+?

apples to oranges, all you drag racers are the same.

what place out of how many cars did you get in the road courses you competed in?

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                    mine does both, but would not pass emissions, leave the defrosters in phoenix you will need heat in the spring and fall........

I don't need heat. I like the cold. Ask Boardley. He thought I was nutz for having the tops off when it was 59.

Comment

I use the heat alot, i hate being cold. and defrosting the window's is important at 150mph plus......lmfao

Comment

you stupid drag racers, just cuz nhra says its a street car dosnt make it a dot approved street car.

also 110 cant be pumped in to cars, it says it on the pump. so all your gay ass drag racing buddys with "street cars" dont have them

/thread

p.s. drag racing is gay and takes no skill, unless your les.....
                        Wow can someone make the stupid arguement of "street car or drag car" sound even dumber?? Well we have a winner here! Feels like I'm back on the stupid ass ricer forums who cry like little bitches lol. Keep it going orange88, your not proving the point you want to us, but you are showing us something about you. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by jollywrencher View Post
                          Wow can someone make the stupid arguement of "street car or drag car" sound even dumber?? Well we have a winner here! Feels like I'm back on the stupid ass ricer forums who cry like little bitches lol. Keep it going orange88, your not proving the point you want to us, but you are showing us something about you. :lol:
                          blah blah blah
                          i was picking on bill, and R&R thought his drag car was a street car and im guessing your in the same place of thought. well its not get over it and grow up. just cuz you can drive your race car on the street and not get caught dosnt make it a street car.

Comment

top 5
                            out of 5. :lol:

just cuz you can drive your race car on the street and not get caught dosnt make it a street car.
                            I agree. I laugh at those people who say they have a street car and don't have enough vacuum to run their brakes. Getting a lot of torque for the street with that 275/278@.50 106 LSA cam are ya now.

Comment

AHHH yes, winter trash talk and is it a street car.
                              Legal street car boils down to what year it was built, pre-1965 and the rules are very different.
                              It has heat, wipers, treaded tires, full interior, awesome sound system, BIG DEAL my F150 has all that.
                              No one setup can do everything well, but that doesn't mean I can't go home and change some parts and do a different kind of driving.
                              Last I saw the TTCamaro won the Porkeys shoot out, been a street car forever, even did the long haul on the power tour.

Comment

That car kicked butt at cf 8's is bookin'

Comment

Working...
                                X