What is a street car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a street car?

I have a Roadrunner that may or may not be considered a "street car". If I should have the good fortune to be victorious in a speed contest, what will my car need to have (or not have) to avoid the oppositions excuse "... well of course, you have a race car...".

anything with tabs and ins is a street car......

Comment

...No pizza cutter front runners, lumbar support in the corbeau bucket seats-check...

Comment

... valid collector plates and insurance-check...

Comment

For effect 10.5 rubber or something not to huge to make it look like a drag car.

Comment

Street Car? Is it a car? Is it driven legally on the street? HMMMMM. I guess it's a street car. Race cars can be driven on the street, but not legally. Whiners and excuse makers are a given. They will label themselves with their own lame mouths. If there is a speed contest, it's usually pretty obvious what the result was. The only thing that could possibly be be left open for debate would be the start. If so, it shouldn't be too difficult to try it again.

Comment

UUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHhh

Comment

Crap don't get me going on that one. I will stay out of it I only have race cars:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Shea View Post
                  Street Car? Is it a car? Is it driven legally on the street? HMMMMM. I guess it's a street car. Race cars can be driven on the street, but not legally. Whiners and excuse makers are a given. They will label themselves with their own lame mouths. If there is a speed contest, it's usually pretty obvious what the result was. The only thing that could possibly be be left open for debate would be the start. If so, it shouldn't be too difficult to try it again.
                  :rotfl::rotfl:

Comment

... Damn, I'm back halved with big tires...

Comment

Originally posted by Morvo View Post
                      ... Damn, I'm back halved with big tires...
                      sounds like a street car to me, I will run you, mopar versus mopar, everyone bitches that I have a drag car when I beat them, if it has tabs and insurance its a street car, I dont care if you have cookie cutters and slicks, if you drive it on the street it is a street car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5aBGVPVe0g

Comment

... not done yet, but getting closer I've only got my slow GM car ready to play with (better than nothing, but no match for a Mopar Your view as to what a street car is used to be mine, but the whiners and my own desire for practicality and comfort have changed it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by orange88
                          will it pass a DOT inpection, if needed?

thats the big question

full exhust, street tires,glass windows, stock style supension, stock wheel wells, stock frame, and the big one PUMP GAS. and not the 110 out of at pump at one of 4 stations around the metro
                          would your car pass an inspection????

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M
                            My car is legal, yours is not.

Whose he calling gay???!!! I think our "DRAG" cars are more streetable than his his "Street" car!

Comment

Will you say that after you race his car at cf. and remember e.t. drag radials hook as good as slicks on the street.

Comment

Working...
                              X