• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah come on what about corvette summer

Comment

I need to make time to watch some of these movies

Comment

We should do like the Frank D did every year. They had a drag race party and everyone kicked in for drink and pizza. People brought racing movies and shoot the s***. Now we just need a big place to hold it.

Comment

Pretty cool sig ya got there. lol

Comment

never seen it! should I?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
              James Taylor wasn't really an actor...just going along with the flow.
              Don't forget the other guy, Dennis Wilson, the drummer from the Beach Boys, he
              was not an actor either and the acting was a bit lame but as some said, you have to take it for what it is and just enjoy it.

A classic piece of history..

How many know that the 55 in Two Lane Blacktop was the same car that was used in American Graffiti ????????

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor G View Post
                I picked up a copy of "Deathproof", Quentin Tarentino's tribute to what he calls "grindhouse" movies. Reminded me of the old movies we used to see at the drive in. This movie is made to emulate the crude style of these low budget films. Boring dialogue, choppy cuts, gratuitus sex and violence,and great stunts. If you watch it with this in mind, its great! Worth watching just for the chase scene, but watch the whole thing to get all the humor.
                Recomended films for gearheads:
                Two lane blacktop( four wheeled Easy Rider )
                Vanishing Point ( just as dumb story )
                Bullit ( skip directly to chase seen )
                The California Kid ( bad made for TV movie )
                American Grafittti ( who hasn't seen it )
                Hollywood Knights ( AG copy )

Anyone else have any favorites?

Doc
                can't forget the original gone in 60 seconds. i still cringe when they crush that mint challenger in there. also dirty mary crazy larry was pretty good. i still have to see 2 lane though

Comment

Originally posted by Titan5 View Post

How many know that the 55 in Two Lane Blacktop was the same car that was used in American Graffiti ????????
                  I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                    Hey Phoenix it's too bad you were disappointed.

James Taylor wasn't really an actor...just going along with the flow.

I rented Bullitt and watched it with my sons. It was pretty boring too until he got into the chase scene with the Charger. That scene was worth waiting for after watching the other boring stuff.
                    It wasn't the acting, I thought there would be more racing.

Comment

Working...
                    X