No announcement yet.

California Emissions Here in Mn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sad when people say they are conservative and have out spent the liberals
    but THEY are all at fault on spending.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
      I was kinda talking about people with suv's who do none of the above...... fool....
      I like it when you call me fool.

lol

Comment

"hmm, i see no catalytic converters, and that car's appear to be gutted. i'm going to have to fail you both and declare your vehicles unsafe for public road use, mmmkay?"

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
          I heard that the state is 400 million short or more on money, so hopefully it won't pass but someday it prolly will cuz we need to cut back on gasoline use but this also could come about if we dump the big suv craze and get more hybrid cars being made. The price of gas will go down if we use less. But in the mean time gasoline will just keep going up......

The funny thing is the demand is already going down for gas but do we see the discount no. People are already traveling less they don't have the money at home that they used to.

Comment

My other favorite thing is how great they hybrids are for the environment. When they cost so much environmentaly strip mining for nickle for the battery all the extra shipping costs. And it takes longer for the car to make up in savings to the planet thaan the cars own expected longevity.

Comment

This bill is being debated today File No. 863
              The bills author is Rep. Hortman of Brooklyn Park Mn.
              I will keep an eye on this and may become a sticky.

Comment

i know im not puting cats back on my car... i will move before i deal with emissions b.s.

-Aaron
                87 cutlass
                76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
                87 olds 442 - old mans ride
                355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

damn, I have 4 years of college ahead of me in MN, and an ex 4 cylinder, now 5.0 carb'd Mustang that I'm guessing couldnt come close to passing emmissions. So if this passes I'm either gonna have to sit on it for 4 years before I can move or I can start the swap back to a 4 cylinder and throw a turbo at it.

Comment

During the emissions days I tuned over and sold allot of 2.2 Chrysler cars with the electronic feedback carburetors that controlled fuel delivery in the main fuel wells. You could remove the feedback solenoid from a running engine by simply removing two Philips screws and pulling it strait out the top. This would not effect idling but if you touched the throttle it would go full rich.

About once a week I would get about a bock from the testing station (going to different ones each time) and pull the mixture solenoid out leaving it hang from the wires. On a busy Saturday I would sit in line and open the throttle just enough so it caused a total back out without killing the engine. if it was ready to die then I would release the throttle so it could clear up, then do it again. People shouted for me to shut it off including the station management, but when it was my turn to get tested I sailed threw with flying colors. Before I pulled out of the testing bays and after waving my successful passing papers and shouting to the angry crowds "I passed" I would cause a colossal blackout of all bay doors that sent patrons and staff scrambling outside. Several times the staff hammered on my windows to make me stop the brake-stand that they now discovered was intentional. Police and fire were called a few times and one time I was unable to climb out of the rollers so all the cops helped push. They received so many complaints that the station in coon rapids told me to go elsewhere on my return visit.

I will resume this hobby if emissions testing returns and will post it on youtube.
                    Last edited by big block fiero; 03-02-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X