Syclone/Typhoon 4.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syclone/Typhoon 4.3

I've talked to Dig a number of times and he's been accurate each time I've asked for his advice.

I'm finding more and more people that run Syclone/Typhoon spinning two center main bearings due to detonation rather than oiling issues...

Re: Engine Oiling Improvements

Originally posted by Don W. View Post
    Oh believe me I know. My motor spun the 2 center mains. There was chunks of bearing on the oil pickup screen but the other bearings, that is the ones that didn't outright fail, obviously were in distress.?
    Not because of any problem in the oiling system, I'd bet.

Deto pushed the crank into the center mains, they grabbed, and spun.
    It's almost *always* the center 2.

If there were really oiling issues, the front would go first.

Basic pumps are fine for most motors, unless you're building that 8k RPM+ monster.

Leave the oil holes alone. Work on getting your bearing clearances to be good, and smooth the passages from the pump to the rear main cap.

Most guys don't realize that you can put the big $ into oiling, cranks, and rods, and still blow the bottom of the block off with detonation. Nothing lives through pinging.

The v6 oiling system kinda sucks for big revs, by design, but we're not running the big revs. The guys that are get the bowtie blocks set up to force more oil to the mains, sacrificing oil to the lifter galleys.
    Dig
    11.94@114- 100% stock motor, 20G, 9/11.
    Built Motor, L35s, cam.... ?

Engine Bearing Technology – The Spin on Spun Bearings
    Extremely high bearing-to-crank loads due to lugging, detonation or high boost or nitrous applications.

Comment

I think with that V6 I would be using some King Alluro race bearings on the mains. Too much volume can run the pan dry so I think that's not an option (wouldn't be for me) there has to be some reason the 2 center mains lost those bearing. Find out the reason and you will find the answer.

Comment

Sounds like this guy had the same trouble along with others. Looks like they went the 5.3 route.
        https://youtu.be/y5OVJZ0715c

Comment

Working...
        X