All the new Big Block parts are back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the new Big Block parts are back

Just got the rotating assy. back from John this week for the next Peanut port engine. He balanced the bottom end, mounted the pistons on the rods and polished the crankshaft. Damn John does good work and fair priced also.

New 468 Peanut Port engine 2.0 coming to a track near you. The last one ran 11.80@111mph. Any guesses on what this one will run?

Pretty funny, got into an argument with some guys on the Bullet about which is better the L29 Vortec head or the Peanut Port head. Seems some of these idiot don't like the old iron and just because something is newer made it must be better, LOL.

Comment

Trying to get my 360 head flowed but the place that is doing the testing is sure taking their sweet ass time.

Comment

Picking up some Gen 6 BBC Square Port Head on Sunday. I think I found a head gasket to work on a mark IV block, if that's the case I may put them on the peanut port engine with some 12 to 1 pistons and let it fly this year. Heads will get ported for sure.

Comment

I thought you didnt like square port?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
            I thought you didn't like square port?
            I usually don't, but when they are super super cheap I can't pass them up. I know of 1 Super Stock secret that makes them a great head. Can't say on line but it really works with sq. port heads. Got another pair possibly on this Thurs.

Comment

what are you using for bits/cartridge rolls to port with? I need to pick some up to port match an intake to bb heads.

-Aaron
              87 cutlass
              76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
              87 olds 442 - old mans ride
              355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

I am using large flute burrs of amazon and they work great for the money. I do not sand the aluminum ports anymore I just leave them rough now. Get that $45 electric die grinder that I posted in the tool thread, it works fantastic for aluminum. Best grinder I have ever used for the money. It does get a little hot on the end so wear gloves, so did my Makita.

Comment

I already bought one of those cheap grinders off of amazon you posted, guess i'll be priming myself some consumables

-Aaron
                  87 cutlass
                  76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
                  87 olds 442 - old mans ride
                  355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by smooth_358 View Post
                    I already bought one of those cheap grinders off of amazon you posted, guess i'll be priming myself some consumables
                    It should work pretty good for you. I bought some of the Eastwood grinders grease but it sucks, now I use Marvel Mystery Oil, seems to work decent. I did use some CRC spray graphite and that was a real eye opener, kept the aluminum bit clean for a long time also. That die grinder works pretty good around speeds 3-4 and I never have to go much over that.

Comment

Working...
                    X