Big Joe Sherman Passes Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Joe Sherman Passes Away

For those of you who don't know who Joe Sherman was, well Joe was a big time engine builder in Cali. who worked for Vic Edelbrock and then went out on his own. Since I was a kid in the mid-70's I first stumbled on an article that I spotted in a Hot Rod mag. The car was a 65 Nova that has a stock 396 with his cam, 950 3bbl Holley and headers and the car ran 10 teens. I thought WOW, if he can do that I can make a 396 go to. Joe then started to build a 75 Nova that started in the 13's but by the time he got done that Nova was in the high 9's so Joe knew his stuff. I have kept up reading about the engines he built and the guy made HP like nothing. He gets the most out of everything he touched. There was one time that some guy had a 406 that only made 485hp and could not figure out why the engine was down on power but you know ole Joe figured it out. With just a cam change the 406 now made 660hp why?, because Joe said the guy had way to much cyl. pressure for the cam the guy had, Joe changed it and lowered the cranking cyl. pressure and the rest is history. Joe will be missed. R.I.P. Joe, may all your engines in heaven go fast.

I used to to enjoy reading his tips. Maximum results without spending big bucks. Reminds me of Bob.

Comment

Working...
    X