5.3 LS heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.3 LS heads

I have someone that wants me to put an LS based engine in my Camaro and I said "WHY?", so I looked up the head flow of the 5.3's and I am not impressed as most of the 5.3 heads only flow slightly better than a 062 Vortec 350 head. So, I will waste a ton of money to put in something that is better than my SB engines? ya right. So far the best head I see are the 243 LS6 castings and the 6.0 castings. I was in the low 11's with my 358 that had Sportsman II heads on it and in good air would be capable of running low 11's. Gee, I guess I should build a dumb turbo 5.3 that you have to have a .600 reaction time just to get it off the line and then hope it does not blow the tires off. No thanks.

Yeah, I don't think it's worth going through the extra adapting. Turbo cars are tougher the get good reaction times. Although I did get a decent one when I took the Typhoon for a pass at RF last fall.

Comment

the problem with turbo cars is trying to not blow the tires off when launching otherwise bogging is the norm with turbo's ask me I know

Comment

Syclone and Typhoon owners don't worry about blowing tires off with awd and drag radials on all 4 corners

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Syclone and Typhoon owners don't worry about blowing tires off with awd and drag radials on all 4 corners
          Cost more in tires though.

Comment

Working...
          X