Holley 750hp hesitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holley 750hp hesitation

So I get the 461 going in the Camaro and have decided the 850 Mighty Demon might be too much for this low comp engine. I have a 7500hp I got in a trade and the damn thing is the worst carb I have ever owned, it is very picky on what's in it and any little change makes nothing buy troubles. On the 358 I took out the Power Valves and jetted it to 84 square same as a couple of my other 750 and the carb hesitates like crazy. I now put it on the 461 and put the valves back in and jets 72 square and while it has improved a ton when slap open the secondary's it still hesitates a touch with a 37 squirter in the rear. All of my 750's inc a homemade 750 hp have been the best with a 25 to 28 squirter, so this carb has me puzzled. I am glad I never paid the $625 that these cost as I would be pissed right now.

Wow I didn't know they cost that much. My Chevelle didn't like larger squirters. You're the carb guru, so I know you'll figure it out.

Talked with a guy today and he said that they had an 850hp carb do the same thing and they fattened up the secondary jets, I suppose that could work so I will give it a try. I do remember that the old 3310's had 72 front with a p/v and the rears were 76 with a p/v, so who knows.
    Last edited by MR.hp; 08-17-2017, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X