Legend Vic Edelbrock passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legend Vic Edelbrock passes away

I had the pleasure of meeting Vic at the Lyn-Lake 10,000 Auto Parts store back around '80. He was obviously impressed about how many of his manifolds were sold out of that crappy little store and had to see it for himself.

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/after...r-passed-away/

Sad news indeed. He wasn't all that old. Wonder what happened. I had his B-4B intake & one of his carbs on my '67 GS 400 engine.

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Sorry to hear that about Vic, but my dealings with the 409 fiasco intake involving Edelbrock has been less than stellar. Hope whoever gets the company makes it better and fires a bunch of the idiots there who make some of the new junk. After next Fri. I will tell you all the story.

Comment

It says in the article he died from a cold?? The first manifold my brother bought for his '57 283 was a C4B. To be stealth, we ground the Edelbrock logo off and painted it Chevy orange. He then replaced it with a Tarantula. I have Bob's favorite on my SS-454--the power robbing Torquer which makes the carb sit at an angle. A friend is running mid 10s with Edelbrock heads on his 440 Roadrunner. Hope Edelbrock's QC and customer service will straighten out that 409 manifold for Bob.

Comment

I have had several intakes with troubles over the years, my Super Victor did not perform well until porting, my Dual quad air gap sucked oil form the bottom and now the 409 intake was machined wrong. Don't get me wrong they do makes some nice stuff but look what happened to BG after their carbs had troubles, they went out of business.

Comment

RIP

Comment

Working...
            X