Cold Ass end of April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Ass end of April

What the hell is with the weather this year. In the upper 20's yesterday and snow up north where I live. Seems more like the end of January. Rant over carry on.

This spring is pretty close to the one we had in 1981 when we had the super warm Feb. then spring sucked and summer was cool.

Comment

Yeah, usually happens after a mild winter. Hope you get that Biscayne ready for BTT 50s. Should get a lot of positive comments. 409 Biscaynes are the coolest.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        Yeah, usually happens after a mild winter. Hope you get that Biscayne ready for BTT 50s. Should get a lot of positive comments. 409 Biscaynes are the coolest.

My son and I got good news last night. After learning there was no oil to the RH side lifters and pushrods I found that Joe Benver put the rear cam bearing in wrong. You might remember Glenn that the 65-66 396 and 427's had the grooved rear cam journal, the 348-409's did to, you have to get the rear bearing in right and all 3 holes clocked properly. I pulled the cam, then looked and sure enough the RH side was blocked. I ordered new cam bearings used only the rear on and made sure it went in right. I made a slick homemade tool to get them in and out for a SB Chevy and the 409 is the same size. I put the rear cam plug in the block, reinstalled everything and re-primed the engine again. This time I had 40 psi at the front of the block and oil everywhere it needed to be. Things are looking up now for this to get done, end of next week is going to be in the low 70's so the engine will get put in on Sat.

Comment

Working...
        X