Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

How are all you Mopar haters doing?

So, is 9.65 good enough for you brand X guys? Factory trans break, pulling the front tires from a factory production car.

Let the hating begin!!
    ------------------------------------
    Let the hating begin!

:)

I'm not a hater, just not a fan of store bought. :)

So if you buy one please don't tell me when you join that group that prances around with their store bought cars with different color lights and matching preppy jackets.

:rotfl:

Comment

-Aaron
      87 cutlass
      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
      87 olds 442 - old mans ride
      355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Originally posted by tcat55371 View Post
        I'm not a hater, just not a fan of store bought. :)

So if you buy one please don't tell me when you join that group that prances around with their store bought cars with different color lights and matching preppy jackets.

:rotfl:
        As a person gets older, the wiser you get. Stroking on some old pile of shit that you can barley keep together, or buy something with a warranty with air conditioner, it's a no brainer for me.

Sounds like your hating to me, lol
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
          As a person gets older, the wiser you get. Stroking on some old pile of shit that you can barley keep together, or buy something with a warranty with air conditioner, it's a no brainer for me.

Sounds like your hating to me, lol
          With that statement, it's certainly clear that you're doing your share of hating....

My '87 GN stays together quite nicely, putting putting out nearly twice the factory rated HP for nearly 200k so far. It has climate-control, a kick-ass stereo, does 0-60 in less than 4 seconds on smallish street tires, tops-out at over 165 MPH, and gets over 24 MPG @ 70 MPH on the highway. Oh - and it runs 200k+ miles between overhauls - even when putting out nearly 2 HP per cube & over 470 pounds of torque AT THE REAR WHEELS. That's enough torque to haul your Mopar straight the fuck up! And it does all of that with a bone-stock V6 that's barely over half the size of your hemi. Oh - and it has way more cool-factor & "street-cred" than any of the new factory muscle-cars

That's a no-brainer to me.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

LOL

Me a hater, naaaa. I agree with you for most of it. Just something to be said for old school. Besides, I hate going to dealer to get things fixed. You never know if you need it or not these days and that car cost to much for me. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
              How are all you Mopar haters doing?

So, is 9.65 good enough for you brand X guys? Factory trans break, pulling the front tires from a factory production car.

Let the hating begin!!
              Welcome back, Alleyoop2.

You're not gonna believe that I'm agreeing with you, but I have to say I like what Dodge is doing with the Demon. Pretty bold to have a tranny brake and a VIN # unlike the COPO and Cobra Jet. As long as they're 1-upping Ford, I think it's great. With only 3000 made, most will be bought as an investment and tucked away and never even raced.

So there ya go... I can't argue with you on the Demon, except most tracks won't be at negative DA with a tailwind and the serious racers will put a cage in them which will add weight and slow the ET.

I still haven't seen the "stock" 10 second Hellcats at RF. I thought you had a buddy who would bring his over that I could line up with my N/A Camaro. Last fall I saw one running strong. I've been to other tracks down south and they aren't 10 second cars there. Maybe they got a slower version. lol

Comment

Hey Alleyoop 2 welcome back. He is right that the new Demon did run a 9.60 something over on the Bullet site. I still like the Challenger better than the new Camaro or Mustank. The Dodge was built for one thing, the dragstrip. Sure the Challenger is not a road course car but then neither are most of the old muscle cars either. I will take a car that runs 9.60 out of the box over any 11 second car, the problem is everything is so damn expensive. So welcome back to the fun times again. We need to race at the Rock sometime this year, you up for it?.

Comment

Mopars are overrated.

Comment

And...we know they'll ALL run 9.60s stock, regardless of density altitude, temp or track surface. We all know that Dodge would NEVER throw a ringer in as a test car.

Comment

Cool deal, but at $85,000 base price, won't be one in my garage.

Comment

Was doing some more reading on this, the Demon did run the number then promptly got banned by the NHRA for no safety stuff. Looks like the 1st factory 9 sec. car cannot even compete in competition. Wonder the Rock will give some of these cars the boot when they come out to race.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                          Hey Alleyoop 2 welcome back. He is right that the new Demon did run a 9.60 something over on the Bullet site. I still like the Challenger better than the new Camaro or Mustank. The Dodge was built for one thing, the dragstrip. Sure the Challenger is not a road course car but then neither are most of the old muscle cars either. I will take a car that runs 9.60 out of the box over any 11 second car, the problem is everything is so damn expensive. So welcome back to the fun times again. We need to race at the Rock sometime this year, you up for it?.
                          Everything is expensive these days! But our pay stays the same, lol! I'll buy a new Demon............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .............................. in about 20 years, and it will probably be a wrecked one, LOL!

I bought a car to run in Street Eliminator, so I'll be there this summer!
                          Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by fast toys View Post
                            Mopars are underrated.
                            Fixed it for you
                            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                              Was doing some more reading on this, the Demon did run the number then promptly got banned by the NHRA for no safety stuff. Looks like the 1st factory 9 sec. car cannot even compete in competition. Wonder the Rock will give some of these cars the boot when they come out to race.
                              Yeah, I don't know what will happen? They did change the cutoff in Street Eliminator from 13.00 to 11.00 to try and get some more guys with newer Muscle cars interested. Some Street Eliminator guys are kinda pissed about it
                              Let the hating begin!

Comment

Working...
                              X