No announcement yet.

Cool build - 1964 Pontiac Safari Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we have a solution! I don't need to really cut my dash up as I thought to make way for my AC vents and controls like this

a buddy of mine told me that Pontiac made a gauge pod that goes on the dash to the right of the steering wheel

He had one I could use for mock up purposes, and my gauges fit PERFECT!

Luckily enough, I actually found one of these on ebay for $150, all rechromed. I've dealt with the seller a few times. We've traded parts etc. Real nice guy with great quality stuff. This is the piece.

So, the seller has been buying odd parts off me, like my factory alternator and some other stuff. I couldn't give this stuff away, but this guy wants it all. My wagon was built at the same time as a car he's building, and all my parts have the correct date codes that he needs, and has not been able to find.

So, I ended up getting this gauge pod essentially for free, because he traded me for my factory power steering pump :)

Comment

driver rear fender well is worse than expected

Patches have been made, and will be installed soon.

New speaker is in the dash

Coolant overflow tank is in

8 Track is mounted. One set of ac vents will be bolted to it

Rest of the vents are temporarily installed.

No more glove box :(
      I would much rather have AC though

Next up, finish installing all AC ducts, finish installing gauges in dash, finish floor patches, POR15 the hell out if it all, install dynamat and interior and get some window tint.

Dynamat is all in

Side panels have fresh vinyl

fresh carpet going in

Bottom of door panels were repaired. yes, the window crank and door latch handles need to be reversed lol

Rear seat back is reinstalled

Main carpets for floor and rear tub are being sewn right now. Should be done monday or tuesday. Car is 99% done! Looks like I will be able to attend both shows I have planned in early June! :) :) :) :)

Comment

Got my vintage Pontiac gauge pod installed, with some modern gauges. I think it looks amazing! I will eventually pull the gauge pod off and paint it black to match the dash.

The dash in completely done now :)

Comment

Picked the car up today! I have to say, its exactly what I hoped for. It starts right up, it rides nice and smooth with the coilover suspension, and it cruises perfectly! However, I think I will be upgrading from 3.23 gears to 3.64 gears real soon as 1st gear is not tall enough. I dont want to smoke my clutch. Here it is in daylight for the first time in 2 years! I think it looks badass

I drove it straight to my local @Scottwax for a paint correction and sealant. He said this is the single best test spot he's ever seen and he's super excited to see how the car ends up

Comment

Window tint goes on next week

Comment

Working...
            X