• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170997338, member: 129078
    Suspension is 100% installed

the fronts were a bolt in affair.

The rears needed fabrication

Next up is brake lines. This car is starting to kill me.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171134071, member: 129078
      Brakes are 100% done, and bled

Next is to detail the engine, assemble the serpentine setup, and install it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171376350, member: 129078
        Updates are slow. The guy working on the car is a perfectionist. Plus he's dealing with missing parts...

He CNC'ed a few block off ports for my intake

New intake is installed. He didn't want to get any skin oil on the intake, and make any smudges. He literally bought a new pair of white gloves to use while handling the intake. He cleared it with some high temp clear, to make it easy to clean in the future

Looks pretty clean. Head studs are a plus

Engine and 4 speed are back in the car. Exhaust is hooked up. March serpentine system is going on. Valve covers have been super polished and look better than new

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171414763, member: 129078
          I found my gauges!

Drivetrain is back in

Long branch manifolds

Serpentine setup....AC compressor is installed. Looking great :)

I ordered my driveshaft today with Fleetpride for $300. Should be done in 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171502607, member: 129078
            more progress.

EFI is going in. Fuel pressure sensor on the right. Round cylinder on the left is the fuel filter.

This of course is the throttle body

vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator

Shiny plug wire covers (came with the motor)

New power steering hoses

New ball joints

New pitman arm

I dont think I've taken a shot of the back of the disc brake swap...

New driveshaft is painted and installed. It turned out perfect.

Frame mounted in-line walbro fuel pump

New wheels! They fit! Same size (18x8 front with 4.5"BS and 20x8.5 rear with 5.25" BS instead of 4.75" BS on the other wheels.)

Adjusting the rearof the car up a tad. 1 Turn on the coilovers seems to equate to 3/8"

The car is pretty level now. Once the radiator/water/hood etc are installed, it should be about dead nuts on

Comment

Fuel pump block off plate

New column installed. Nothing wrong with the stock column, but its not "correct" for a floor shift 4 speed car, to have an auto column in it. My OCD costs me lots of money sometimes. This column alone was $250 since they are so hard to find :(

One of my christmas presents from my wife: Installed :)

This is the return fuel line from the EFI. I forgot to take a pic of how this will work. My buddy found a rubber collar and a couple inches of filler neck to put over the stock neck, and it will allow him to TIG weld a nipple to it, put the hose on, and the return fuel flows back down into the tank. Hard to find a better solution as there is no room under the car for a universal tank, and literally nobody makes a replacement. Thats why I had to pay a thousand damn dollars to refinish the stock one.

A rare look at the back of the car. It will soon be covered in new carpet :)

Thats all for now. I asked my buddy if he knows when he will be done. There is a big local show early march I'd love to put the car in, but more importantly, I'm trying to tow it to Dayton Beach at the end of march for the Turkey Rod Run. I have 2 magazines that want to do a shoot on it then.

Oh, and I had to order ANOTHER starter. Finding a small starter to clear these OEM style ram air long branch exhaust manifolds is a serious pain in the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171557837, member: 129078
                Now to elaborate on this random fuel line

It is the return fuel line for my EFI. It works like this. You remove the factory gas cap, and install this over the fuel filler neck

It is a fill neck extension, held by hose clamps. It provides a return fuel hose where unused fuel will be recycled back into the tank.

HID headlights are in and temporarily wired

Here are plans for a custom fan shroud for my dual 10" fans

MSD Mini Starter installed

More efi wiring progress/mess

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171606348, member: 129078
                  More progress.

Return line is completed

Wiring lol

Computer mounted under the dash

Wiring is being routed

Here is a shot of the new hard return line off the regulator

My radiator

My fans

New custom shroud

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171672291, member: 129078
                    New wiring system recommends larger positive and negative cables.

distribution block

the wiring is turning out nice. you can see the main loom going through the firewall

Here is the new main fuse panel. you can see all the wires hanging down, labeled.

Here is the start of a custom clutch linkage bracket. He was in the middle of making this when I showed up today.

Sorry it looks like it was filmed on a Potato. Otto is a very talented man and has all the right tools for this kind of work
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_TYz7-CeFg

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171894103, member: 129078
                      More progress.

Ignition box and coil are mounted on the heater delete box

Oil pressure gauge supply line. One day I will replace the gauges with Autometer that have electrical senders.

Less and less wires! I believe these are for the rear of the car (lights, etc) and will be left for the upholstery shop once they tear it apart

Loomed up under the dash pad. Found some scary previous repairs that needed to be fixed.

Factory tach mount holes are drilled. This thing fits perfectly. The tach I found looks good as new...its in amazing shape

Gauges

More wiring. Its coming along.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 171963565, member: 129078
                        So I just spent an hour on the phone with one of SEVEN children that were raised riding around in the back of my wagon. I found her phone number in the glovebox with a bunch of cool artifacts. She told me of all the traveling they did as a family. Even a story of doing over 100MPH past a sleeping cop at night in the desert. She has some memorabilia she wants to send me and she seemed very excited to see what I've done with the car.

Not many cool updates right now. Wiring is still taking place and is almost done. The battery has been hooked up and there were no fires, so thats good. I just ordered an empty AC box from Vintage Air, to use for mock up. It weighs 3 pounds and is MUCH easier to hold up under the dash to make brackets, etc. It cost about $80 to "rent" the box.

I picked up some parts that I forgot at the body shop. Included was the glove box. I found some cool stuff inside it. All the old maps confirms the ladies stories of all the trips they took :)

A bullet?

Old budweiser can opener

This is one of the companies that provided carpet to GM

One of their trips must have been to canada

Maps and stuff

This was pretty damn ironic. It appears to be an insert from an old Rand Mcnally atlas. You would fill out the columns with info on your trip ie: gas purchases, oil, tolls, lodging etc to keep track of your expenses

On the other side is a part of southwest virginia on a map. Ironically enough, the small lake at the bottom left is where I live. Our claim to fame in Moneta, VA is where "What about Bob" was filmed. We didn't even have a traffic light back then, but we do now lol

Going on vacation to florida. Hope to have some good updates when I return.

Comment

That's all he's posted for now. I'll update here when he posts again.

Comment

Cool build, thanks for sharing it. I do have a soft spot for wagons and that car need a 428!.

Comment

Vintage air is in

New Autometer gauges, with electric senders

Upholsterer pulled the rest of the interior out. I was surprised at what was found. Definitely need some cleaning, patches, and a bunch of POR 15

Third seat area

Spare tire well. This was replaced by the body shop

Driver rear floor

Driver rear wheel arch....definitely crusty

Passenger front floor

Crappy pic of my 80 pounds of Second Skin (dynamat knock off) and heat barrier for the trans tunnel

Comment

AC is going in

His attention to detail is really very good. All hand bent and soon to be crimped

You can see where the hoses will be run through the firewall and heater delete plate

Coolant overflow tank

We ran out of real estate under the dash for everything. To the left of the wheel are some switches. Under the keys is going to be the 8 track player. The gauge pod is next, then the center ac vents. Then the ashtray, and the ac box will be under the glove box. Lots of stuff!

We had to compromise, and move the ac controls and some of the vents. I hate to cut the dash, but the more I think of it, I think it will look just fine, and work better.

My new carpet is in, as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X