• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747551, member: 129078
    Tailgate rust repaired

Outside of tailgate is done

Here is the paint!

spare tire well all repaired

having a hard time finding window run channels, so he measured the ones from the car and I'm trying to match it up the best I can

Tested the tail gate switch to figure out why the window wont go up or down with the key. switch is fine.

He painted the interior metal (on the sides of the 3rd seat).

Before

During

After

I think I am going to have that vinyl removed, and replaced with carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747554, member: 129078
      Brightwork on the tailgate being restored

Inside of tailgate blasted and painted

jambs being cut in

The green is real dark when not in direct sun. Not 100% sure I want to keep it.

Comment

Couple small holes in the roof being repaired

guide coat

primer

on to the doors!

made a new gasket for the tailgate handle

doors are off

passenger rear window wont roll up or down :(
        http://vid60.photobucket.com/albums/...pspds2gisu.mp4

Heres why...window came unbonded. Looks like someone did a **** job replacing this glass years ago. There is still glas in the door.....and a postcard from iowa lol

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747562, member: 129078
          reusable vapor barrier

looks like the trim can come off easily. I will be leaving it off.

Heater delete plate was found on ebay for like $65

prepping the NOS door I found

Look ma, no doors!

polishing!

I love the contrast of the tan against the green. This car is going to look great

that metal flake,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747569, member: 129078
            FINALLY found the correct under dash tach for a 1964 and this thing is mint

One door done

bottom window channel all bent to hell

all fixed

nasty

All cleaned and lubed up

Doors have been reconditioned, and hung, and cut in. time to flip the car around and start all over

vent window trim is beat up, need to find another

drivers side is under the knife

doors are a little crusty

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747572, member: 129078
              Got a text from my guy yesterday "Heres some more Bull****! ****ing screws are so tight you have to cave the door in with a hammer screw driver to remove them"

I know he's getting burnt out on the car and wants to just get it out of his shop for a bit. He's been working on it 6 days a week for almost 4 months now. So, I brought him another payment installment to kind of smooth things over.

My grandfather is visiting us this week, so we took out the 65 Oldsmobile that I bought at Mecum Kissimmee a few months ago. He loved it :)

Only took me 3 months, and 4 different glass companies until I found one for this car. Had to drive 3 hours to a small glass place in the blue ridge mountains. They had it the very next day. Everyone else quoted me 2 weeks, and ultimately never did deliver.

To my surprise, the windshield frame is almost perfcet!

Painted the top of the dash

Painted the cowl

New windshield in its new home!

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747577, member: 129078
                fenders getting some love

hood getting some love

Should be put together and painted pretty soon.

fenders are done

hood is done

gas tank door

center grille trim

still finding sand everywhere

fenders and hood are cut in

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747579, member: 129078
                  sorry the pics seem washed out. I guess the body guy doesn't have the best of cell cameras :)

Fenders back on

front end going together

reconditioned hinges. hood is on

inner fenders in

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747582, member: 129078
                    Some quick shots...cant want to see it with all the trim back on!

recent spy shots. Not the best pics....my painter has a potato cam lol I'm stuck in the hospital now with MRSA infection and some pretty uncomfortable swelling. I hope to be discharged this week, and Doctors orders to stay at home and rest. I'll try to sneak out and see the car though.

"Can you see me now?"

Excited!

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747591, member: 129078
                      My painter has been bustin ass this week on the wagon. He has been sending me a lot of pics to keep my mind busy. I greatly appreciate it. Looks like its almost ready.

More progress.....looking great!

The "PONTIAC" strip is an NOS piece

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747593, member: 129078
                        HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY TO MY WAGON! hahaha

Front bumper is on. Horns are back on. Spare tire well has been reseal ed. Should get it back this week.

Done! I pick it up tomorrow and bring it to the exhaust shop, then the rest of the mechanical stuff gets done.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747600, member: 129078
                          I had to run back to my buddies house this morning. He said my wheels were a real close fit. So, I was able to get some good exhaust shots while under the car

I also got to see a mock up of the wheels on the car :drool:

The rear wheels are a 20x10. I want a 20x9 with an extra half inch of backspace. They don't offer that though, so I have to go with a 20x8.5 which should fit no problem.

Now that I know my wheel size, I can order my redline tires from DiamondBack Tires

https://www.dbtires.com/howtiresmade.html

time to tackle the 4 barrel intake, and carb adapter issue I was facing last year, when trying to figure out how to adapt the 4150 style FAST throttle body to my spreadbore poncho intake.

Intake

You can see the overlap

smoothed it out a lot, still not 100% to my liking

to hell with it, lets hog out the center. This should work.

Ordered my correct rear wheels, and my custom redline tires. My coilovers should be here in 2 days.

Few random updates. Wrenching on the car starts today!

Received all 4 of my coilovers. Should give a 2-3" drop

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170747606, member: 129078
                            Missing some screws on my FAST throttle body...not sure why. Hope Butler Performance has some extras for me

VERY excited about my custom redline tires. Went with Falkens front and rear. 18" front 20" rear, 45 series. Diamond Back tire in South Carolina puts the tires on a lathe, machines the outside sidewall smooth and then vulcanizes a redline (or white, or gold etc) on to it. I went with an 3/8". Hope to mount the wheels and tires tomorrow.

Went and got my tires mounted. I love it!

I stopped by my buddies garage and he had the front brakes and coilovers on!

SWEEET Can't wait until it's on the ground :)

Machining rear axles to clear the disc brake brackets

Rear coilovers being fabbed

Progress is slow and steady

re-sealing the 4 speed

Have to machine the stupid new axle bolts to fit like the originals (in pic)

Hub on the axle is 3.159 and ID of the rotor is 2.837. Have to ask if Master Power Brakes has different rotors, or if mine can be machined. Brackets are on though.

The car is back on the ground now. Coilovers, disc brake swap, and wheels and tires are on. The car looks amazing! I wish I could have pulled it outside to look! It will need a little clearancing in the 1/4s to make sure the tires will clear.

So, one thing I did not see while my other buddy was working on the car last year, was the inside of the engine. he said it looked good and I took his word for it. Hard to see in this pic, but its sludgey. Currently contemplating rebuilding or replacing it.

I'm more excited about this car than any other build I have done, and I'm glad I get to share it WHEW that was a lot of typing

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170768161, member: 129078
                              So last night my buddy text me and asked me how old the clutch in the car is. I said "Maybe 3 or 4 miles...why?" And he sent my these pics

Those cracks, those blue spots, are caused by so much heat its unreal. I wonder what happened with this car while it was at the body shop. I trust the painter 100%, and in no way do I think he beat the car, but he always did say the car didn't have enough gear. The saginaw in the car has a 3.11 first gear which should be MORE than enough. I'm starting to wonder if it was installed properly.

So now I need a clutch, and my buddy said that he spun the engine over by hand quite easily. Low compression, great. Now I definitely need to rebuild the engine. I call around and I'm looking at around $4500 and 4 to 6 weeks time. I do a little more searching and find this

A rebuilt 400ci pontiac, with a complete tri power setup, and a MUCH stronger Muncie 4 speed. Pulled out of a 67 GTO last December with only 200 miles on it. He put in an LS motor. Scored all this, AND a set of ceramic coated Long Tube headers for $6k! After I sell the extra shit I don't need, I'll have about $4000 into the engine and transmission. Not bad!

Dropped it all off at the garage tonight. We pulled the distributor out of my 389 to remove the Pertronix Ignition module, and this is how the rotor was in the distributor. My buddy said "All previous work on this car that I touch has been SHIT. And he never swears. he was pissed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAe2Ln1E5fY

Comment

Originally posted by Justintiime, post: 170883816, member: 129078
                                More updates on the car.

Drivetrain is back out again. kinda depressing. Actually, very depressing. All that lost work last year...

6 pack is off the new motor and will be for sale soon.

New intake for the 4 barrel efi

My buddy made a template for the rear upper coilover mounts. Dudes a genious.

Finished product...stronger than OEM im sure

New engine came with some long tubes for a 64-67 GTO that I will be selling

Comment

Working...
                                X