Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSx cylinder head comparison

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...re-port-heads/

I will give you a comparison, years ago I owned a Dodge Challenger with T/A 340 in it. The one thing that got my surprise was that the car would easily go 7K with no problems but to do it with my 350 Chevy engines took a little creative work. What I learned was that the ports on the 340 were like the 1st. LS1 heads and in my book even though the CC's were not that much bigger than a Chevy SB head they had a lot of velocity. On the street a head that has lets say a 215CC runner head that will flow 280cfm and a head that has a 260CC runner head that flows the same 280cfm than smaller head will win in a street fight every time, Why? velocity in the port. The exhaust is much different in that the bigger the port will sometimes kill the velocity in the head and you may need to crutch it with more cam and some creative headers.
    LS3 heads are to big IMHO for a 364 engine on the street in stock form but give me some and an cam change and I will be in the 11's easy.

Comment

Big heads, little motor = soggy bottom end power and gets you a shitty ET at the track.

Comment

Working...
      X