Z28-SS goes into storage tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
    I don't need the scoop. My plans wont change. I've run into similar types of cars and their owners. Totally different concept of getting those cars down the track vs. mine. Racing can be frustrating and expensive enough without picking one of those as a race car. Actually had hoped he'd put more power into the car.
    Well I can tell you this, adding power to the car is not all it is cracked up to. With that being said here is what happens when you do that, car loses traction, harder to launch, car tops out earlier in the run (which needs less gear) and a host of other problems. Everyone says my Camaro needs more gear to run quicker, I say not. Here is the reason, if you take a car that has 400hp and then add 200 more with nos or turbo you will need 1/3 less gear and converter is using an auto. I know this is true, way back in the 80's I ran my Caprice with a 396 that had 4.88 with spray, the best the car ran was 12.90's, we pulled the 88's and changed to 3.36 gears and the car ran 11.90's why?, that car was able to pull down the track rather than rpm itself to death. I considered a 540 but with that move comes rebuilding the car around that engine and more money. The new 468 will have more power than the 358 and should be quicker and faster with the right converter and gear.

Comment

Yeah, my point was--sometimes more power in the hands of the wrong driver and combination = more frustration

Comment

friend says that shelby not a big deal. real inconsistant and not very quick for a modifyed s/c car. suspension all wrong for dragstrip. car is a big yawn and no threat.:rotfl:
        the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

If you were any kind of Uncle, you would not let your nephew even own a ford.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty funny. Like pops, they like their Fords. Like I've said before--I don't have a problem with Fords--mainly their owners.

Comment

Recently, a guy at work told me that he has a G-body Monte with a 351 in it. That's a first.
              There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Yeah, why would anyone do that? Can you imagine changing all the brackets, tranny, exhaust, etc to put a 351 in a Monte? Certainly not gaining any power by monkeying around with that. Can make more power with a sbc and cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                X