Z28-SS goes into storage tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28-SS goes into storage tomorrow

I held out as long as I could, but couldn't get to race down in Ill this fall. Had everything all set. Made all the "adjustments", tuning, testing, tires, trailer all set and even the Zuma freshened up. Was ready to go, but permanent storage is calling me.

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
    I held out as long as I could, but couldn't get to race down in Ill this fall. Had everything all set. Made all the "adjustments", tuning, testing, tires, trailer all set and even the Zuma freshened up. Was ready to go, but permanent storage is calling me.
    This is pretty late for you Glenn, my stuff was put away in late Oct. and with the Rock getting redone I may have to get things going sooner next year.
    What happened to the slobra race?, did your nephew get out the ford excuse handbook to make up a good reason not to race you.

Comment

I guess he broke both axles and output shaft early Oct. Still not fixed. That's a heavy car to try to drag race. I understand why you don't see many at the drag strip. Even around here they only raced frum roll.

Comment

Yer nephew sounds like a typical dumass ferd owner if hes trying to make a drag car out of a shelby. the one's i see trying ta launch look constipated. Ive seen yer ss bitchslap many a ferd with more power. no offense but he must not be very smart to wanna race your ss. or maybe he knew you were comin after him and he didnt want any.
        the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          I guess he broke both axles and output shaft early Oct. Still not fixed. That's a heavy car to try to drag race. I understand why you don't see many at the drag strip. Even around here they only raced frum roll.
          How in hell does one break BOTH axles and the shaft during a single pass???

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Not sure Joel. I saw the video and it didn't look like a violent launch at all. Actually looked like a tentative launch. Must have been wounded from before. Probably that and once one part broke, it jammed another part which locked up another drivetrain part and snapped it. I've seen violent launches. My brother used to dump the clutch at 6k on 30" tall slicks on a 12 bolt and stock axles, so the GT500 launch was mild in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
              How in hell does one break BOTH axles and the shaft during a single pass???

Joel

It's a ferd :split::rotfl:

Comment

Well, there is that little problem. But still - BOTH axles AND the shaft?? That's really bad luck, even if you are driving an F-bomb.

Joel
                There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

How long does it take to fix broken parts? Wow, talk about being lame.

Comment

where does he race that shelby?

Comment

Originally posted by Quadroflux View Post
                      where does he race that shelby?
                      Sikeston MO, Paducah KY and Gateway.

Comment

i have friends by dyno doms track. what color? a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by Quadroflux View Post
                          i have friends by dyno doms track. what color? a new one?
                          black '09

Comment

I bet they know the car. will check and give you the scoop

Comment

I don't need the scoop. My plans wont change. I've run into similar types of cars and their owners. Totally different concept of getting those cars down the track vs. mine. Racing can be frustrating and expensive enough without picking one of those as a race car. Actually had hoped he'd put more power into the car.

Comment

Working...
                              X