It pays to go after bad a bad buisness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It pays to go after bad a bad buisness

About a month ago I bought one of the so called loaded cash card at a Dollar Tree for a buck. I put $100 on it then registered the card and was going to use it as I do not use my credit card on line, then it says my card is locked and cannot be used in any way. The card holder is Green Dot bank, well I should have dome my homework as this bank has a bad track record of ripping people off and not letting them use their money. I was told that my card was block due to unusual activity on the card even though I had not used it yet, WTF I thought. So it gets to the point where they wanted me to send them a copy of my MN DL on line on a non-secure site otherwise the card will stay locked. I was fed up with this crap and went back to Dollar Tree for a refund as they are the one who sold me the card, "no cash refunds the manager says" and I said we will see about that. I called the Dollar Tree main office in Tennessee and the guy said after looking at what happened there was nothing he could do, I did tell him this card is a bait and switch so I will call the Att. General of MN. and we will go from there, he says "good luck".

First I thought who runs the Dollar Tree chain? then I found the CEO and the rest of the corporate people and sent them a nice letter. I stated to them that I wanted to be refunded $101 nothing more. I also told them that if I send this on to the MN. Att. General that it would cost Dollar Tree more than the $100 I paid in legal fees when the crap rolls down hill. I gave them one week and then if I hear nothing I will move forward with what I plan on doing. Yesterday I got a letter from Dollar Tree with a check for $101 and I was floored as most of the time nothing works like this.

Do not buy a Green Dot card ever as you will be sorry the day you do having to jump through hoops to get to use YOUR money. All in all it tells me that if you are willing to go the extra mile and prove what happened you can prevail. now I have to go spend my $100 bucks.

Smart not to give them DL etc. What a sham.

Comment

Wow. Yeah, it is surprising that you got your money back. I suppose they make their money on those who aren't savvy enough to push the issue like you did, Bob.

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
        Wow. Yeah, it is surprising that you got your money back. I suppose they make their money on those who aren't savvy enough to push the issue like you did, Bob.

Joel
        I was really surprised Joel to say the least, most of the time companies just blow you off and say "who cares". My mom always said I should have been a lawyer, or was it an ambulance chaser?:lol2:

Comment

Working...
        X