Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Any good Holley tuners in the group? I'm good for wide open but I'd like it better for 30/50mph. Just thought I'd ask here. :)

John

Originally posted by tcat55371 View Post
    Any good Holley tuners in the group? I'm good for wide open but I'd like it better for 30/50mph. Just thought I'd ask here. :)

John
    I am sure Bob will chime in, he is good with them there carbs.

Comment

Yup I can, what kind of carburetor is it? there are some things you can do but if it need to have the bleeds in the main body and metering blocks changed you are better off getting one that has all that to begin with. Let me know, I can help you.

Comment

Hey Thanks

I was told it's a 950 and it was set for the Dyno at Sheradon for HP not driving down the road. Tends to load up at slower speeds but loves going down the highway. I was talking to a holley tech on the phone and he was talking about the jets in the top of the main body. This carb has no choke tower. He suggested a old Holley tuning book by David Emanual and I found that and got it ordered. He called it a Holley bible. lol

Thanks for getting back to me, will probably be talking to you soon.

John

Comment

That is a pretty big carb for the street, the funny thing is a 950 has more trouble than a 750hp carburetor. What size engine is this on? and carburetors that are set for the dyno usually don't run good on the track or the street.

Comment

Yeah it is

Came on the motor. Chevy 406. I have a 750 but it has vacuum seconds and my car is a stick but I was thinking of trying it anyway.

Comment

Send me a PM and I will send you my number, we can talk about how to setup what you need.

Comment

Hmmm

Was just looking on Ebay at 750's with mechanical secondarys. Seems to be a lot to pick from and then I see this Shiny one and my ADOS kicks in. lol

No I didn't buy one yet. lol Let you a pm with my number.

John

Comment

Originally posted by tcat55371 View Post
                  Was just looking on Ebay at 750's with mechanical secondarys. Seems to be a lot to pick from and then I see this Shiny one and my ADOS kicks in. lol

No I didn't buy one yet. lol Let you a pm with my number.

John
                  Shiny does not mean better most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X