Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSX junkyard goodies

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tec...ags-to-riches/

Pretty good story about the LSX based engines. While I am impressed with all the power they make I have not yet made the jump to light speed. I am sure some day I will though.

I like this,

Other accomplishments that Briggs Performance claim include the following:
    •First LS engine to exceed 2000 hp
    •First LS engine powered race car to run faster than 7.0 second quarter mile
    •First LS engine powered race car to exceed 200 mph in the quarter mile

They forgot one

First LS engine to be put in a mustang to actually go fast and blow the f-ing doors of a 32 valve failure engine.:rotfl:

Comment

Yeah, they are amazing powertrains. Even though supply is getting better and better from junkyards, cost wise still more expensive than SBC/BBC though. Street wise? Fuel economy and turn key--LSx no doubt a better option in my opinion. As far as Mustang owners transplanting them? I think they're smarter than I originally figured.

Comment

LS motors and a turbo were made for each other

Comment

If, a Ford guy has to resort to putting in a LS engine in his Mustang, then the idiot needs to learn how to build a Ford motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
            If, a Ford guy has to resort to putting in a LS engine in his Mustang, then the idiot needs to learn how to build a Ford motor.
            After all the modular motor failures fords need something to look forward to.:smoke:

Comment

Working...
            X