Need some help guys.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help guys.

I am changing the Master cylinder on my Falcon from a single bowl to a dual bowl. 89 Mustang is a fit with pedal rod and firewall bolts. It mounted right up. My problem is the new master has small bowl toward firewall and larger bowl on front. Has 2 smaller lines and one larger line openings. I am also installing a adjustable proportioning valve and a line lock. I'm going to plug one of the outlets. I'm guessing the larger front port is for front brakes and either of the smallers for the back or do the smallers go to front lines and single larger to the rear brakes?

Any ideas?

John
    Attached Files

Go on line and look for where the lines go on a Mustang site, I am sure you will find one. On GM cars the larger reservoir was always the bigger one for front brakes. sometimes guys switch the 2 lines to bias the brakes better, never tried it before but I thing the adjustable one is better.

Comment

Yeah tried that online

They talk about using this same master to do upgrades but they t off one smaller line then to from and rear off that t which doesnt make much sense to me when you have two smaller and one larger outlet.

Tried asking Ford Parts guy but he wasnt any help either. Guess I will just have to figure it out

Comment

Working...
      X