Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two years ago Today, My Best Friend died R.I.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two years ago Today, My Best Friend died R.I.P.

Two years ago Today, My Best Friend died. His name was Hans. I knew him since 8th grade. There is no one on the face of the earth that could make me laugh more, laugh enough to make my sides ache.

I truly miss him. He was in a few local bands, he could play the guitar really good. He was into AC/DC, ZZTop, Lynyrd Skynyrd, etc. He taught me to play a few songs. And he also made his own guitars. I have one of them, and it's my most prized possessions.

R.I.P. my friend
    Attached Files
    ------------------------------------
    Let the hating begin!

Sorry for your loss. What happened to him? That's quite an interesting looking guitar.

Comment

Yeah, definitely sorry for your loss. I lost the very best friend I've ever had to esophageal cancer back in 2001. His name was Al. We had been best friends since childhood, and became hot-rodding buds during our high-school days back in the early 70s. Over the decades, we built many hot-rods together. To this day, he's still the best damn driver I've ever ridden with. I'd ride with him on a 10/10ths drive with the tail hanging out in the turns & catching air over the bumps, or on a wheel-standing 1/4-mile run well into the triple-digits on our favorite back road, and never get even the slightest bit nervous. I still think about him every day.

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Sorry about the loss of your freind, I know what it is to have something that reminds you of him. I have an empty bottle of Coke, it was the last thing my Dad asked me to get him in life. It reminds me of him. Do you know how to play the guitar your friend left you?.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Sorry for your loss. What happened to him? That's quite an interesting looking guitar.
          Depression, and drinking is what happened to him. Yeah, polka dots were pretty "in" in the 80's.
          His wife still has two other guitars that he made. One is red with white polka dots, and his "go to" guitar which is green with white polka dots.
          Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            Sorry about the loss of your freind, I know what it is to have something that reminds you of him. I have an empty bottle of Coke, it was the last thing my Dad asked me to get him in life. It reminds me of him. Do you know how to play the guitar your friend left you?.
            I have some of my Dads old trophy's, my mom will let me have all of them when the time is right for her. I have one of his "Wally's" that he won from Denver. He has some pretty cool old one's from Minnesota & Northstar when the trophy's had some character, not like the cheap one's we get nowadays.

Yeah, he did teach me how to play some songs, but I don't play the pink guitar, I have a couple other one's for that.
            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Sorry for your loss

Comment

Working...
              X