• Show
Clear All

• '15 Z06 stock with DRs 10.38

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...t-10-38-a.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b3V7afPGDE

I don't think he was runnin race gas either

WOW!

Comment

Nice! That's haulin' ass - especially for a world-class corner-carver.

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

To bad it wasn't "STOCK", that would be a great run if it would have been "STOCK". He changed the front tires to skinnies.

I like some of the other Corvette guy's posts. Saying "I would rather you put the stock wheels back on and try for a 10.5 then be dishonest". Something to that effect anyways.

Some of the Hellcat guy's are going to have to try that trick too! LOL!

Nice try though guy's!............................................ ........ P.S., he's using nitrous too!! :lol2::rotfl::laughing smile::lol::funny shit:
        ------------------------------------
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

LOL!

So far, we have yet to see a 'Cat run anywhere near close to 10.38 on pump-gas with nothing but a tire change. And I'm sure that at least a few 'Cat owners are smart enough to put skinnies on the front, along with their drag radials & a bottle in the back. Most likely, they haven't posted any videos because they're embarrassed that they can't get the damn thing to hook until well-past half-track. :rotfl:

Joel
          Last edited by Fast One; 03-31-2015, 07:43 PM.
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Us GM guys don't need nitrous to go 10's.

Comment

Some of the posts are priceless!!

"Pretty sure he has aftermarket wheels as he was asking about tire pressure sensor programming in another thread."
              __________________________________________________ ____________
              "When I'd asked in the '9 second Fasterproms' thread (in three threads now) about skinnies/lightweight front wheels, I never got any responses from them either LOL.
              Lightweight wheels DO help ETs/MPHs by a notable amount and they ARE a legitimate modification that should be thoroughly divulged when publicly posting a spectacular accomplishment."
              __________________________________________________ _______
              "If one lies about one thing than they will be disingenuous about others. We need a real C7 Z06 fast list. Lighter tires and rims (skinnies) are a mod on other lists and depending may reduce the et by a number of tenths."
              __________________________________________________ ___________
              From the "OP"

"The Car is 100% stock! NOTHING WAS DONE OR TAKEN OFF Besides rims/tires! All Aero was on and it is a ZO7 with the parachute rear spoiler. No seats were removed, it even still has the plastic wrapping on the interior so guys we need to factor that extra weight in...

Used CCW C2K wheels on a Hoosier 335 drag radial and M&H Tires up front."

"It doesn't matter to me how you run your car but the problem I see is that if skinnies (rims and tires) were allowed on the bone stock lists(C5,C6,C7) over the years all the times would be significantly faster. The record books would look all different. You would be the 1st one ever allowed on any legit bone stock fast list."

One of my favorites!!

"If I were you, I would slap the stock rubber back on the car, run the tank on fumes, take off the Level 3 parachute, and front rudders, run a 10.50 and break all known records. That would impress everyone and stop the naysayers. Having the car set up with skinnys diminishes only the stock claim."
              "Fair enough, and it's great that you feel that way. Most here do not.
              But is that the ONLY reason why you didn't disclose the (much lighter, lower rotating mass) front wheel/tire swap until it was discovered/called out by others?
              You'd felt the need to post about a full tank of fuel but "conveniently" forgot about the front wheel/tire swap, even knowing that the MIR passes were done on stock/OEM fronts and that everyone would assume you had done the same?
              If I feel that super lightweight skinnies, a lightweight battery and lighter carbon fiber seats still fall under the "stock with drag radials" category, would THAT be 'okay' too?
              I mean hey, it still has wheels/tires, a battery and two seats, right?"

"But a mod that is not disclosed is STILL A MOD THAT WAS NOT DISCLOSED. And that's a little dishonest.
              A mod is a mod, even if it SLOWS the car down and doesn't work to your advantage.
              In all fairness, he's not the only who has done it either. There's a 9 second bolt on C7 Z06 that's using non-stock front wheels/tires yet "conveniently" forgetting to add them to their mod list as well and I just can't figure out why.
              I've been doing this 'ET chasing and posting about it' for almost 15 years now, and I've NEVER considered not disclosing all of the modifications I'd used to attain a specific ET/MPH when posting about it on message forums for the world to see."
              __________________________________________________ ______

"Not speaking for everyone, but think the delayed answering of the tire size made it appear you were with holding information."
              __________________________________________________ _______

You GM guy's can't even get along!!
              Let the hating begin!

Comment

At least he didn't "break the seal" on the engine. (heads removed)

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                  To bad it wasn't "STOCK", that would be a great run if it would have been "STOCK". He changed the front tires to skinnies.

I like some of the other Corvette guy's posts. Saying "I would rather you put the stock wheels back on and try for a 10.5 then be dishonest". Something to that effect anyways.

Some of the Hellcat guy's are going to have to try that trick too! LOL!

Nice try though guy's!............................................ ........ P.S., he's using nitrous too!! :lol2::rotfl::laughing smile::lol::funny shit:
                  It's more stock than your 10.4 Hellcat on a tire running race gas. Oh yeah and nitrous.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
                    It's more stock than your 10.4 Hellcat on a tire running race gas. Oh yeah and nitrous.

Not

Hellcat is King!
                    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                      Not

Hellcat is King!
                      In a deck of cards, there's a king, queen & joker. I think most would compare the hellcat to the joker.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                        In a deck of cards, there's a king, queen & joker. I think most would compare the hellcat to the joker.
                        LOL! Now that's quotable material!

Joel

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                          If that's true, then the Queen woould definitely be the Corvette, and the King would be the Viper! :lol2:
                          Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                            LOL! Now that's quotable material!

Joel
                            Not really............
                            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Yes, really!

Joel

Comment

Working...
                              X