NEWS: Street Outlaws in Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEWS: Street Outlaws in Memphis

My brother is at Memphis today. Said Big Chief, Daddy Dave and Murder Nova are there. Big Chief had issues getting the car off the line because something wasn't working right and ran in the 5.80s. Daddy Dave was racing a borrowed Malibu so he didn't have the Sonoma there. Murder Nova ran 4.48 @ 177! (These are 1/8th mile times of course)

Big Chief's car is painted white now. They're selling t-shirts and have a big crowd. Daddy Dave isn't soaking up the publicity and doesn't seem to like the celebrity status, so they don't know where he is.

My brothers friend Marty Stinnet didn't race, but was just in Holly Springs and ran in the 4.30s and is till trying to work out his new combination.

Z

Impressive times for sure. I am looking forward to seeing Farmtruck at the Summer cruise this year.

Comment

Yup, a friend of mine wrapped big chiefs car to look like a judge, looks pretty sharp, they are running 275 radials too I think, instead of the big tire.

Comment

Just chatted with brother last night. Said a guy came in and ran a 3.97 @ 200. Stinnet was going to finals.

Comment

So...as we discussed before about doubting the Oklahoma guys...anybody here in MN running 4.48 @ 177 in the 1/8th?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
            So...as we discussed before about doubting the Oklahoma guys...anybody here in MN running 4.48 @ 177 in the 1/8th?
            I am sure Sloss could do that in one his many "stock" cars that he has in his stable.:rotfl:

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/DragIllustr...033588/?type=1

http://www.racemir.com/

Comment

Why oh why can't we have this? I know...we have BIR, but Memphis has it not too far from the metro area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCrV..._embedded#t=54

Comment

Here's the 3.97 run:

https://youtu.be/s5ApnhUXR6Q?t=25

Comment

Well at least it was Mopar powered!
                    ------------------------------------
                    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Uh...that would be Keith Black powered - - not MOPAR.

Comment

Brad Anderson hemi in it.

Comment

"HEMI" is the key word here...........................................
                          Let the hating begin!

Comment

The word Hemi is thrown around pretty loosely. Like the present day production Hemi is just a marketing ploy, but it makes the Mopar crowd feel good. If they're all the same, why not use the current production Hemi in a T/F? Or why didn't the Corvette guy just go to Mopar and buy a so called "Hemi" and throw it into his Vette?

Comment

You guys really need to lighten up around here, Jesus Christ.

Chrysler played a pretty good role in innovation, design, and power back in the day and currently. The "hemi" motors are based loosely off of the days of old. I don't think anyone can deny that, unless your brain dead.

I guess I should have worded it differently, sorry, "Hem inspired"

I even changed my avatar for you uptight people! Lol
                              Let the hating begin!

Comment

Working...
                              X